The deal with MonteCristo International for theatrical and digital rights to the pic written and directed by Michael Taverna will see Apartment 1303 3D debut on VOD on June 17, followed by a July 25 theatrical release in 20 markets, mostly targeting midnight 3D shows. Gravitas Ventures says it’s the first indie that will be offered in 3D whether you go out to the theater or stay in. Mischa Barton, Rebecca De Mornay and Julianne Michelle star in the movie, which is based on Kei Oishi’s novel and is a remake of a Japanese title. Having grown up under the controlling grip of her fame-hungry mother (De Mornay), Janet (Michelle) jumps at the opportunity to move into what looks to be a great high-rise apartment in downtown Detroit. But one night her boyfriend finds her in the middle of the street, having fallen from the balcony 13 stories above. Her sister (Barton) tries to investigate and finds the same fate could befall her unless she can overcome the strange events terrorizing the apartment’s inhabitants. Taverna and MonteCristo’s Cindy Nelson-Mullen produced, and David Shoshan and Scott Rosenfelt exec produced. The deal was negotiated by Gravitas’ Nolan Gallagher and Nelson-Mullen.
Gravitas Ventures Acquires Thriller ‘Apartment 1303′ In Rare 3D Double Play
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Cannes In Focus On Femme Filmmakers; BAFTA Seeks Comedy Scripts: Global Briefs
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l B.O…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role