The deal with MonteCristo International for theatrical and digital rights to the pic written and directed by Michael Taverna will see Apartment 1303 3D debut on VOD on June 17, followed by a July 25 theatrical release in 20 markets, mostly targeting midnight 3D shows. Gravitas Ventures says it’s the first indie that will be offered in 3D whether you go out to the theater or stay in. Mischa Barton, Rebecca De Mornay and Julianne Michelle star in the movie, which is based on Kei Oishi’s novel and is a remake of a Japanese title. Having grown up under the controlling grip of her fame-hungry mother (De Mornay), Janet (Michelle) jumps at the opportunity to move into what looks to be a great high-rise apartment in downtown Detroit. But one night her boyfriend finds her in the middle of the street, having fallen from the balcony 13 stories above. Her sister (Barton) tries to investigate and finds the same fate could befall her unless she can overcome the strange events terrorizing the apartment’s inhabitants. Taverna and MonteCristo’s Cindy Nelson-Mullen produced, and David Shoshan and Scott Rosenfelt exec produced. The deal was negotiated by Gravitas’ Nolan Gallagher and Nelson-Mullen.
Gravitas Ventures Acquires Thriller ‘Apartment 1303′ In Rare 3D Double Play
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…