The Viacom and CBS Corp executive chairman made the donation via his Sumner M. Redstone Charitable Foundation as the museum celebrates its 25th anniversary. The Museum of the Moving Image in New York will rename its main theater the Sumner M. Redstone Theater beginning in May 2013. Redstone has been busy on the charity front this year, giving $10M to USC in January and last month the university christened a building in its Cinematic Arts complex the Sumner M. Redstone Production Building.
Sumner Redstone Donates $3M To Museum Of The Moving Image
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31.5M But ‘Mechanic’ Throws Wrench Into China – Intl Box Office
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA