The Viacom and CBS Corp executive chairman made the donation via his Sumner M. Redstone Charitable Foundation as the museum celebrates its 25th anniversary. The Museum of the Moving Image in New York will rename its main theater the Sumner M. Redstone Theater beginning in May 2013. Redstone has been busy on the charity front this year, giving $10M to USC in January and last month the university christened a building in its Cinematic Arts complex the Sumner M. Redstone Production Building.
Sumner Redstone Donates $3M To Museum Of The Moving Image
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List