The Viacom and CBS Corp executive chairman made the donation via his Sumner M. Redstone Charitable Foundation as the museum celebrates its 25th anniversary. The Museum of the Moving Image in New York will rename its main theater the Sumner M. Redstone Theater beginning in May 2013. Redstone has been busy on the charity front this year, giving $10M to USC in January and last month the university christened a building in its Cinematic Arts complex the Sumner M. Redstone Production Building.
Sumner Redstone Donates $3M To Museum Of The Moving Image
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years