The Stone Roses are still a phenomenon in the UK, and 20 years after they got together are becoming better known in the U.S. – they headlined the opening night of Coachella last weekend. The band from Manchester broke up in the mid-90s and reunited last year to record-breaking ticket sales. For his documentary The Stone Roses: Made Of Stone, This Is England director Shane Meadows followed the band as it prepped and played the 2012 tour. It’s the second British indie this year to feature the group – Mat Whitcross’s Spike Island is set against the backdrop of a legendary 1990 Stone Roses concert. The trailer for Meadows’ documentary, which releases in the UK on June 5, is below:
Hot Trailer: ‘The Stone Roses: Made Of Stone’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jessie Ennis Joins 'Veep'; Gladys Knight In 'Empire'
- Mark Gordon To Receive Producers Guild's Norman Lear Award
- James Caan, Kevin Dillon, Sam Huntington Top Crackle Feature 'The Throwaways'
- NBC News To Air First Live Broadcast Of Global Citizen Festival Featuring Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, The Roots
- USA's 'Benched' Gets Premiere Date: Video
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Charles Dance Hints That Tywin Lannister Might Be Alive