The Stone Roses are still a phenomenon in the UK, and 20 years after they got together are becoming better known in the U.S. – they headlined the opening night of Coachella last weekend. The band from Manchester broke up in the mid-90s and reunited last year to record-breaking ticket sales. For his documentary The Stone Roses: Made Of Stone, This Is England director Shane Meadows followed the band as it prepped and played the 2012 tour. It’s the second British indie this year to feature the group – Mat Whitcross’s Spike Island is set against the backdrop of a legendary 1990 Stone Roses concert. The trailer for Meadows’ documentary, which releases in the UK on June 5, is below:
Hot Trailer: ‘The Stone Roses: Made Of Stone’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV
- 'Hollywood Divas' Renewed For Second Season On TV One