International Cinematographers Guild incumbent president Steven Poster won another term today in the union’s elections. Poster ran unopposed and won another term by “a significant majority” said the union Saturday afternoon. This confirms the tentative election results that the ICG IATSE Local 600 released yesterday. The entire Poster backed slate was also elected to the ICG’s National Executive Board. Not that it was that much of a race as Guild VP Lewis Rothenberg, 1st Vice President Paul Varrieur, and Sergeant-At-Arms Michael St. Hilaire had also ran unopposed. Two-time Oscar-winner John Toll, ASC was also re-elected as second Vice President along with National Secretary-Treasurer Alan Gitlin. Bruce MacCallum won in the race for Assistant National Secretary-Treasurer. “I am looking forward to working with every one of our elected Board members to create a strategy that will train our members for the jobs of the digital future and establish new levels of membership service”, said Poster in a statement Saturday.
Steven Poster Re-Upped As International Cinematographers Guild President
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster
- Oscars: Third Group Of Presenters Includes Cate Blanchett, Michael B. Jordan & Louis C.K.
- ‘The Simpsons’ Nancy Cartwright Launches Production Banner Spotted Cow With First Projects In Place – Berlin
- Barack Obama First-Date Movie ‘Southside With You’ Near Deal With Miramax, Roadside Attractions
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps The Best Actor Race – AwardsLine