International Cinematographers Guild incumbent president Steven Poster won another term today in the union’s elections. Poster ran unopposed and won another term by “a significant majority” said the union Saturday afternoon. This confirms the tentative election results that the ICG IATSE Local 600 released yesterday. The entire Poster backed slate was also elected to the ICG’s National Executive Board. Not that it was that much of a race as Guild VP Lewis Rothenberg, 1st Vice President Paul Varrieur, and Sergeant-At-Arms Michael St. Hilaire had also ran unopposed. Two-time Oscar-winner John Toll, ASC was also re-elected as second Vice President along with National Secretary-Treasurer Alan Gitlin. Bruce MacCallum won in the race for Assistant National Secretary-Treasurer. “I am looking forward to working with every one of our elected Board members to create a strategy that will train our members for the jobs of the digital future and establish new levels of membership service”, said Poster in a statement Saturday.
Steven Poster Re-Upped As International Cinematographers Guild President
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings