On the heels of collaborating with the BBC on the upcoming period drama The White Queen, Starz has teamed with another British network for a a drama project with a straight-to-series order. Starz and Sky Atlantic HD have given a 13-episode order to Fortitude. The drama, from Fifty Fathoms and Tiger Aspect is written by Simon Donald, creator of the 2006 British miniseries Low Winter Sun, which is being remade as a series by AMC. Executive producing for Starz is Colin Callender, who has a deal at the pay cable network and also exec produces The White Queen. Also executive producing Fortitude are Donald and Patrick Spence for Fifty Fathoms and Tiger Aspect. This marks the first partnership between Starz and Sky. The series, described as a dark adult drama which mixes multiple genres, is set in the sleepy Arctic town of Fortitude, whose close-knit community is shaken up by the brutal murder of a British research scientist. Leading the investigation is local Sheriff Dan Anderssen, who is joined by British detective DCI Milton Caldwell. The series will be shot on location this year and is eyed to premiere on Starz in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Starz & Sky Atlantic Order 13-Episode Drama Series ‘Fortitude’ For 2014 Premiere
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'