On the heels of collaborating with the BBC on the upcoming period drama The White Queen, Starz has teamed with another British network for a a drama project with a straight-to-series order. Starz and Sky Atlantic HD have given a 13-episode order to Fortitude. The drama, from Fifty Fathoms and Tiger Aspect is written by Simon Donald, creator of the 2006 British miniseries Low Winter Sun, which is being remade as a series by AMC. Executive producing for Starz is Colin Callender, who has a deal at the pay cable network and also exec produces The White Queen. Also executive producing Fortitude are Donald and Patrick Spence for Fifty Fathoms and Tiger Aspect. This marks the first partnership between Starz and Sky. The series, described as a dark adult drama which mixes multiple genres, is set in the sleepy Arctic town of Fortitude, whose close-knit community is shaken up by the brutal murder of a British research scientist. Leading the investigation is local Sheriff Dan Anderssen, who is joined by British detective DCI Milton Caldwell. The series will be shot on location this year and is eyed to premiere on Starz in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Starz & Sky Atlantic Order 13-Episode Drama Series ‘Fortitude’ For 2014 Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate