On the heels of collaborating with the BBC on the upcoming period drama The White Queen, Starz has teamed with another British network for a a drama project with a straight-to-series order. Starz and Sky Atlantic HD have given a 13-episode order to Fortitude. The drama, from Fifty Fathoms and Tiger Aspect is written by Simon Donald, creator of the 2006 British miniseries Low Winter Sun, which is being remade as a series by AMC. Executive producing for Starz is Colin Callender, who has a deal at the pay cable network and also exec produces The White Queen. Also executive producing Fortitude are Donald and Patrick Spence for Fifty Fathoms and Tiger Aspect. This marks the first partnership between Starz and Sky. The series, described as a dark adult drama which mixes multiple genres, is set in the sleepy Arctic town of Fortitude, whose close-knit community is shaken up by the brutal murder of a British research scientist. Leading the investigation is local Sheriff Dan Anderssen, who is joined by British detective DCI Milton Caldwell. The series will be shot on location this year and is eyed to premiere on Starz in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Starz & Sky Atlantic Order 13-Episode Drama Series ‘Fortitude’ For 2014 Premiere
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Aquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot