The prop weapon created for Star Trek‘s William Shatner was only expected to bring in $50,000 on the auction block. But Saturday’s $231,000 score led a slew of film-related memorabilia sales at Hollywood Legends’ two day auction, Reuters reports. Also sold: The alien survey buggy from Alien snagged $10,625, Christopher Reeve’s Superman IV costume went for $25,000, and Marilyn Monroe’s Some Like It Hot bra fetched $28,125.
‘Star Trek’ Phaser Rifle Nabs $231K
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest Film News
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- Trudie Styler To Direct Bette Midler, Others In LGBT Film ‘Freak Show’
- Kodak Names Cinematographer-in-Residence at UCLA; Tribeca Shortlist, New SVOD Service Launched