BREAKING: Australian helmer Patrick Hughes has been set to direct The Expendables 3, the latest installment in the he-man franchises presided over by Sylvester Stallone. Stallone gave his blessing to Hughes, a very successful commercials director who three years ago helmed Red Hill. Hughes met with Stallone and the Millennium Films brass last weekend, and he will start work on Expendables 3 later this week. Production begins mid-August. The Expendables 2 grossed $300 million worldwide and the pair grossed $575 million, so it is the biggest franchise play for Millennium. WME, Brillstein and Gang Tyre rep Hughes.
Sly Stallone Chooses Patrick Hughes To Helm ‘Expendables 3’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest Film News
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto
- David Mackenzie’s ‘Outlaw King’ Adds Billy Howle