The company CEO, chairman and president benefited from new contract terms including special retention stock grants recognizing “the critical nature of [his] talent” in a year when Scripps Networks shares appreciated 33.5%. Ken Lowe‘s package included $1.3M salary, $7.4M in stock awards, $1.4M in option awards, $1.7M in non-equity incentives, $2M change in pension value, and $441,155 in other compensation according to the proxy filed at the SEC this morning. The “other” category includes $16,080 for dining, business, and country clubs. Lowe’s package is 3.1 times higher than the median for the four other highest-paid execs. That’s better than last year, when he made 3.5 times the median. But it’s still high enough to worry corporate governance watchdogs who say that a CEO’s pay can be considered out of whack when it’s at least 3 times higher than the average for his or her top colleagues. The annual meeting to be held May 14 in Knoxville, TN, likely will be relatively uneventful. The proxy shows that shareholders won’t be presented with controversial resolutions or an opportunity to vote on whether they approve of the executive compensation packages.
Scripps Networks’ Ken Lowe Made $14.2M In 2012, +46.7%
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Business News
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb Pro From Listing Actors' Ages
- AMC Rips NATO In Org’s James Murdoch Spat: “Condescending And Gratuitous”
- ‘VAYA’ Director Akin Omotoso Inks With APA; Abrams Artists Agency Signs Grandex, Inc.
- NATO Chief To James Murdoch: “Get The Record Straight” On Theater Exclusivity; MPAA Weighs In – Update
- Rob Moore Exiting As Paramount Vice Chairman
- Disney Mum On New Director, Designer For Broadway ‘Frozen’