Following Saturday Night Live‘s top host of the past decade Justin Timberlake is not an easy task. In her second turn as emcee of the NBC late-night sketch show, Melissa McCarthy proved that the rave reviews for her first stint in 2011 were not a fluke. Still, in the ratings department, she was no match for Mr. Timberlake. Last night’s SNL, hosted by McCarthy with musical guest Phoenix, averaged a 4.8/12 in metered-market households, and a 2.7/12 in 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. That was way down from the 5.9/15 and 3.7/18 for the Timberlake-hosted show last month but on par with the one before that, hosted by Kevin Hart (4.8/12, 2.8/13) and about average for the season.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Posts Average Ratings With Host Melissa McCarthy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips