Following Saturday Night Live‘s top host of the past decade Justin Timberlake is not an easy task. In her second turn as emcee of the NBC late-night sketch show, Melissa McCarthy proved that the rave reviews for her first stint in 2011 were not a fluke. Still, in the ratings department, she was no match for Mr. Timberlake. Last night’s SNL, hosted by McCarthy with musical guest Phoenix, averaged a 4.8/12 in metered-market households, and a 2.7/12 in 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. That was way down from the 5.9/15 and 3.7/18 for the Timberlake-hosted show last month but on par with the one before that, hosted by Kevin Hart (4.8/12, 2.8/13) and about average for the season.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Posts Average Ratings With Host Melissa McCarthy
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- Quartet Cast In HBO's 'Crime' Miniseries
- ABC Nabs Fortune Feimster Comedy From Matt Hubbard, Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
- Lifetime Orders 'Lizzie Borden' Limited Series Starring Christina Ricci
- 'Bewitched' Follow-Up Series Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Brad Silberling Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse's USA Pilot 'Colony'