Following Saturday Night Live‘s top host of the past decade Justin Timberlake is not an easy task. In her second turn as emcee of the NBC late-night sketch show, Melissa McCarthy proved that the rave reviews for her first stint in 2011 were not a fluke. Still, in the ratings department, she was no match for Mr. Timberlake. Last night’s SNL, hosted by McCarthy with musical guest Phoenix, averaged a 4.8/12 in metered-market households, and a 2.7/12 in 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. That was way down from the 5.9/15 and 3.7/18 for the Timberlake-hosted show last month but on par with the one before that, hosted by Kevin Hart (4.8/12, 2.8/13) and about average for the season.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Posts Average Ratings With Host Melissa McCarthy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Craig Ferguson To Visit NBC's 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' Tonight
- Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order, Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'