Following Saturday Night Live‘s top host of the past decade Justin Timberlake is not an easy task. In her second turn as emcee of the NBC late-night sketch show, Melissa McCarthy proved that the rave reviews for her first stint in 2011 were not a fluke. Still, in the ratings department, she was no match for Mr. Timberlake. Last night’s SNL, hosted by McCarthy with musical guest Phoenix, averaged a 4.8/12 in metered-market households, and a 2.7/12 in 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. That was way down from the 5.9/15 and 3.7/18 for the Timberlake-hosted show last month but on par with the one before that, hosted by Kevin Hart (4.8/12, 2.8/13) and about average for the season.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Posts Average Ratings With Host Melissa McCarthy
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates