Kristen Wiig will make her first appearance as host of Saturday Night Live on May 11, and Ben Affleck will close out the late-night show’s 38th season the following week. Wiig memorably signed off the NBC late-night series at the end of last season, wrapping a seven-year stint on the show. Her feature film career is on fire, having earned an Oscar nomination for co-writing Bridesmaids and starring soon in pics like Girl Most Likely, Despicable Me 2, Anchorman: The Legend Continues and The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. Vampire Weekend will be the musical guest for her show. Affleck, whose Argo won the Best Picture Oscar this year, will host for the fifth time for May 18’s season finale, with Kanye West as musical guest. The show already revealed that Zach Galifianakis will host May 4 with musical guest Of Monsters and Men.
Kristen Wiig And Ben Affleck To Close Out ‘SNL’ Season
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016