Blythe Danner and Sarah Jessica Parker have officially been set to star in the world premiere of the first-ever play from Amanda Peet. The Commons Of Pensacola is set for a limited off-Broadway engagement at Manhattan Theatre Club, with previews starting October 22 at New York City Center’s Stage 1 and opening night November 21. MTC artistic director Lynne Meadow is directing. Danner and Parker had staged a reading of the play after MTC said it would stage the play this season, and had been expected to have the inside track on the roles. The comedic drama centers on Judith (Danner), who has been divested of her assets and forced to leave her luxurious NY life after her husband’s Wall Street scam became headline news. When her daughter Becca (Parker) and Becca’s filmmaker boyfriend pay Judith a visit to the one-bedroom condo Judith now occupies in Pensacola, FLA, everyone’s motives are called into question. Danner and Parker previously starred together in MTC’s 1995 production Sylvia by A.R. Gurney.
Amanda Peet’s Play ‘Commons Of Pensacola’ Casts Leads
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'