Blythe Danner and Sarah Jessica Parker have officially been set to star in the world premiere of the first-ever play from Amanda Peet. The Commons Of Pensacola is set for a limited off-Broadway engagement at Manhattan Theatre Club, with previews starting October 22 at New York City Center’s Stage 1 and opening night November 21. MTC artistic director Lynne Meadow is directing. Danner and Parker had staged a reading of the play after MTC said it would stage the play this season, and had been expected to have the inside track on the roles. The comedic drama centers on Judith (Danner), who has been divested of her assets and forced to leave her luxurious NY life after her husband’s Wall Street scam became headline news. When her daughter Becca (Parker) and Becca’s filmmaker boyfriend pay Judith a visit to the one-bedroom condo Judith now occupies in Pensacola, FLA, everyone’s motives are called into question. Danner and Parker previously starred together in MTC’s 1995 production Sylvia by A.R. Gurney.
Amanda Peet’s Play ‘Commons Of Pensacola’ Casts Leads
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'