EXCLUSIVE: Sam Worthington is now set to star in The Keeping Room alongside Brit Marling, Hailee Steinfeld and Nicole Beharie. Harry Brown helmer Daniel Barber will direct. Wind Dancer Films will finance and produce with Gilbert Films and Anonymous Content. The script was written by Julia Hart. Set in the dying days of the Civil War, Worthington plays a soldier who has broken off from the fast-approaching Union Army and encounters women who have been left to fend for themselves. Principal photography is scheduled to begin in June. Worthington, who most recently wrapped the David Ayer-directed Ten with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mireille Enos, and who certainly has an Avatar sequel in his future, is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content. Sierra/Affinity will be selling the film at Cannes.
Sam Worthington To Star In ‘The Keeping Room’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?