EXCLUSIVE: Sam Worthington is now set to star in The Keeping Room alongside Brit Marling, Hailee Steinfeld and Nicole Beharie. Harry Brown helmer Daniel Barber will direct. Wind Dancer Films will finance and produce with Gilbert Films and Anonymous Content. The script was written by Julia Hart. Set in the dying days of the Civil War, Worthington plays a soldier who has broken off from the fast-approaching Union Army and encounters women who have been left to fend for themselves. Principal photography is scheduled to begin in June. Worthington, who most recently wrapped the David Ayer-directed Ten with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mireille Enos, and who certainly has an Avatar sequel in his future, is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content. Sierra/Affinity will be selling the film at Cannes.
Sam Worthington To Star In ‘The Keeping Room’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Let's Be Cops' Helmer Luke Greenfield Closes Fox Deal For Next Pic
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'