EXCLUSIVE: Trance star Rosario Dawson is in talks to play the female lead opposite Chris Rock in the untitled comedy that Rock wrote and will direct for Scott Rudin and Barry Diller The picture, an edgy showbiz-themed comedy with romance, will shoot in New York this June with Rudin and Eli Bush producing, and Diller funding. Rock linked up with Rudin after he signed on to star on Broadway in The Motherfucker With The Hat, and this is their first screen collaboration together. Rudin and Diller are currently working together on Brightline, the e-publishing business formed with a big investment from Diller’s IAC/Interactive. Dawson, repped by CAA and Untitled, is reprising her memorable character in the sequel Sin City: A Dame To Die For. She’s also starring alongside Ryan Reynolds, Scott Speedman and Mireille Enos in the Atom Egoyan-directed Queen Of The Night.
Rosario Dawson Joining Chris Rock Comedy
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction