EXCLUSIVE: Trance star Rosario Dawson is in talks to play the female lead opposite Chris Rock in the untitled comedy that Rock wrote and will direct for Scott Rudin and Barry Diller The picture, an edgy showbiz-themed comedy with romance, will shoot in New York this June with Rudin and Eli Bush producing, and Diller funding. Rock linked up with Rudin after he signed on to star on Broadway in The Motherfucker With The Hat, and this is their first screen collaboration together. Rudin and Diller are currently working together on Brightline, the e-publishing business formed with a big investment from Diller’s IAC/Interactive. Dawson, repped by CAA and Untitled, is reprising her memorable character in the sequel Sin City: A Dame To Die For. She’s also starring alongside Ryan Reynolds, Scott Speedman and Mireille Enos in the Atom Egoyan-directed Queen Of The Night.
Rosario Dawson Joining Chris Rock Comedy
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Lego Movie' Sequel Gets Phil Lord, Chris Miller Script Commitment
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'