EXCLUSIVE: Trance star Rosario Dawson is in talks to play the female lead opposite Chris Rock in the untitled comedy that Rock wrote and will direct for Scott Rudin and Barry Diller The picture, an edgy showbiz-themed comedy with romance, will shoot in New York this June with Rudin and Eli Bush producing, and Diller funding. Rock linked up with Rudin after he signed on to star on Broadway in The Motherfucker With The Hat, and this is their first screen collaboration together. Rudin and Diller are currently working together on Brightline, the e-publishing business formed with a big investment from Diller’s IAC/Interactive. Dawson, repped by CAA and Untitled, is reprising her memorable character in the sequel Sin City: A Dame To Die For. She’s also starring alongside Ryan Reynolds, Scott Speedman and Mireille Enos in the Atom Egoyan-directed Queen Of The Night.
Rosario Dawson Joining Chris Rock Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest Film News
- Working Title, Big Talk Team On Satirical Novel ‘My Sister The Serial Killer’
- China Film Industry To Be Regulated By Communist Party Propaganda Department
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid