EXCLUSIVE: Trance star Rosario Dawson is in talks to play the female lead opposite Chris Rock in the untitled comedy that Rock wrote and will direct for Scott Rudin and Barry Diller The picture, an edgy showbiz-themed comedy with romance, will shoot in New York this June with Rudin and Eli Bush producing, and Diller funding. Rock linked up with Rudin after he signed on to star on Broadway in The Motherfucker With The Hat, and this is their first screen collaboration together. Rudin and Diller are currently working together on Brightline, the e-publishing business formed with a big investment from Diller’s IAC/Interactive. Dawson, repped by CAA and Untitled, is reprising her memorable character in the sequel Sin City: A Dame To Die For. She’s also starring alongside Ryan Reynolds, Scott Speedman and Mireille Enos in the Atom Egoyan-directed Queen Of The Night.
Rosario Dawson Joining Chris Rock Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case