FremantleMedia International is continuing its push into event drama with a six-hour miniseries based on the true story of T.E. Lawrence, aka Lawrence Of Arabia. Roland Emmerich will produce with Marc Frydman. Author Michael Korda, who wrote 2010’s Hero: The Life And Legend Of Lawrence Of Arabia, is historical consultant on the project. British screenwriter Clive Bradley will write. The as-yet untitled series plans to follow the journey of British Army officer Lawrence during World War I. Lawrence was an exceptional diplomat who was an invaluable resource for both Britain and the Arab insurgents he fought with in the war against the Ottoman Empire. He was also the subject of David Lean’s classic 1962 Oscar-winning film. Fremantle’s move into scripted programming began in 2009. Among its current projects under development are Joan Of Arc story The Maid, with Craig Pearce and Pukeko Pictures as well as a Berlin-based drama series project inspired by the book Hitlerland with writer-producer Marshall Herskovitz.
Roland Emmerich Teams On Lawrence Of Arabia Mini With Fremantle, Marc Frydman
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente