FremantleMedia International is continuing its push into event drama with a six-hour miniseries based on the true story of T.E. Lawrence, aka Lawrence Of Arabia. Roland Emmerich will produce with Marc Frydman. Author Michael Korda, who wrote 2010’s Hero: The Life And Legend Of Lawrence Of Arabia, is historical consultant on the project. British screenwriter Clive Bradley will write. The as-yet untitled series plans to follow the journey of British Army officer Lawrence during World War I. Lawrence was an exceptional diplomat who was an invaluable resource for both Britain and the Arab insurgents he fought with in the war against the Ottoman Empire. He was also the subject of David Lean’s classic 1962 Oscar-winning film. Fremantle’s move into scripted programming began in 2009. Among its current projects under development are Joan Of Arc story The Maid, with Craig Pearce and Pukeko Pictures as well as a Berlin-based drama series project inspired by the book Hitlerland with writer-producer Marshall Herskovitz.
Roland Emmerich Teams On Lawrence Of Arabia Mini With Fremantle, Marc Frydman
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Pacing Behind 'Ultron' But Still Super With $178M-$188M Opening - Box Office
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
Latest International News
- Epic Pictures To Sell ‘Redcon-1’; ‘Spark’ Alights At Double Dutch; Artist View Gets Traplight Pair…
- ‘The Revenant’ Exec Producers Form Production-Financing Entity Facing East
- Martin Scorsese’s ‘The Irishman’ Coming Together Quickly: Could This Be The Hottest Title At Cannes?
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Zooming Past $300M Overseas Today – Intl Box Office
- Carlos Bardem Joins AMC’s ‘The Son’
- IFC Films Acquires Asif Kapadia’s ‘Ali & Nino’ For North America