EXCLUSIVE: Andy Garcia and Ray Romano are joining Raymond De Felitta’s True Romance-esque crime drama Rob The Mob. Based on a true story, the film stars Michael Pitt and Nina Arianda as a couple who brazenly steal from mob-run social clubs in New York City until they stumble upon a coveted list of every mafioso in town and become the prey of the feds, the mob and their own families. Production is underway, with sales to be handled in Cannes by Brian O’Shea’s The Exchange. Bill Teitler (What Maisie Knew, The Polar Express) is producer; Jonathan Fernandez penned the script. Garcia previously starred in De Felitta’s City Island; he’s repped by Clifford Stevens and Andrew Ruf at Paradigm. Romano is repped by ICM Partners, Rory Rosegarten at the Conversation Co. and attorney Jon Moonves at Del Shaw Moonves Tanaka Finkelstein & Lezcano.
‘Rob The Mob’ Enlists Andy Garcia And Ray Romano
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More