EXCLUSIVE: Andy Garcia and Ray Romano are joining Raymond De Felitta’s True Romance-esque crime drama Rob The Mob. Based on a true story, the film stars Michael Pitt and Nina Arianda as a couple who brazenly steal from mob-run social clubs in New York City until they stumble upon a coveted list of every mafioso in town and become the prey of the feds, the mob and their own families. Production is underway, with sales to be handled in Cannes by Brian O’Shea’s The Exchange. Bill Teitler (What Maisie Knew, The Polar Express) is producer; Jonathan Fernandez penned the script. Garcia previously starred in De Felitta’s City Island; he’s repped by Clifford Stevens and Andrew Ruf at Paradigm. Romano is repped by ICM Partners, Rory Rosegarten at the Conversation Co. and attorney Jon Moonves at Del Shaw Moonves Tanaka Finkelstein & Lezcano.
‘Rob The Mob’ Enlists Andy Garcia And Ray Romano
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 1
- 'The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' Checks In With New Trailer
- 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Ferris Bueller' & More Added To National Film Registry
- 'Mr Turner', 'Birdman' Lead London Critics' Circle Film Awards Nominations
- 10-Year-Old Newcomer Ruby Barnhill To Star In Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG'
- Footloose 'Hobbit' Grows; 'Mockingjay' Tempers 'Fire': Intl Box Office Final