EXCLUSIVE: Andy Garcia and Ray Romano are joining Raymond De Felitta’s True Romance-esque crime drama Rob The Mob. Based on a true story, the film stars Michael Pitt and Nina Arianda as a couple who brazenly steal from mob-run social clubs in New York City until they stumble upon a coveted list of every mafioso in town and become the prey of the feds, the mob and their own families. Production is underway, with sales to be handled in Cannes by Brian O’Shea’s The Exchange. Bill Teitler (What Maisie Knew, The Polar Express) is producer; Jonathan Fernandez penned the script. Garcia previously starred in De Felitta’s City Island; he’s repped by Clifford Stevens and Andrew Ruf at Paradigm. Romano is repped by ICM Partners, Rory Rosegarten at the Conversation Co. and attorney Jon Moonves at Del Shaw Moonves Tanaka Finkelstein & Lezcano.
‘Rob The Mob’ Enlists Andy Garcia And Ray Romano
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Adds $38M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Universal Changes Course On International Stewardship; Duncan Clark To Head Ops From London
- 'Saint Laurent' Tapped As France's Entry Into Foreign Language Oscar Race
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Premiere In UK Least Watched Since Series Opener
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'