Red Obsession is directed by Warwick Ross and David Roach and features narration by Russell Crowe in telling the story of the history, triumphs and economic complexities of Bordeaux wine. The deal comes ahead of the film’s North American premiere Saturday at the Tribeca Film Festival. Lion Rock Films’ Ross produced and Robert Coe executive produced the pic, which world premiered at Berlin. A September digital release is planned. “The boldness of the Bordeaux wine is mirrored perfectly by the self-assured filmmaking of Warwick and David,” said FilmBuff Head of Acquisitions Steve Beckman, “The film has such a broad appeal that everyone from wine enthusiasts to international relations junkies to film buffs will enjoy it immensely.”
FilmBuff Acquires Wine Docu ‘Red Obsession’ Ahead Of Tribeca Bow
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'