Red Obsession is directed by Warwick Ross and David Roach and features narration by Russell Crowe in telling the story of the history, triumphs and economic complexities of Bordeaux wine. The deal comes ahead of the film’s North American premiere Saturday at the Tribeca Film Festival. Lion Rock Films’ Ross produced and Robert Coe executive produced the pic, which world premiered at Berlin. A September digital release is planned. “The boldness of the Bordeaux wine is mirrored perfectly by the self-assured filmmaking of Warwick and David,” said FilmBuff Head of Acquisitions Steve Beckman, “The film has such a broad appeal that everyone from wine enthusiasts to international relations junkies to film buffs will enjoy it immensely.”
FilmBuff Acquires Wine Docu ‘Red Obsession’ Ahead Of Tribeca Bow
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video