Red Obsession is directed by Warwick Ross and David Roach and features narration by Russell Crowe in telling the story of the history, triumphs and economic complexities of Bordeaux wine. The deal comes ahead of the film’s North American premiere Saturday at the Tribeca Film Festival. Lion Rock Films’ Ross produced and Robert Coe executive produced the pic, which world premiered at Berlin. A September digital release is planned. “The boldness of the Bordeaux wine is mirrored perfectly by the self-assured filmmaking of Warwick and David,” said FilmBuff Head of Acquisitions Steve Beckman, “The film has such a broad appeal that everyone from wine enthusiasts to international relations junkies to film buffs will enjoy it immensely.”
FilmBuff Acquires Wine Docu ‘Red Obsession’ Ahead Of Tribeca Bow
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award