Red Obsession is directed by Warwick Ross and David Roach and features narration by Russell Crowe in telling the story of the history, triumphs and economic complexities of Bordeaux wine. The deal comes ahead of the film’s North American premiere Saturday at the Tribeca Film Festival. Lion Rock Films’ Ross produced and Robert Coe executive produced the pic, which world premiered at Berlin. A September digital release is planned. “The boldness of the Bordeaux wine is mirrored perfectly by the self-assured filmmaking of Warwick and David,” said FilmBuff Head of Acquisitions Steve Beckman, “The film has such a broad appeal that everyone from wine enthusiasts to international relations junkies to film buffs will enjoy it immensely.”
FilmBuff Acquires Wine Docu ‘Red Obsession’ Ahead Of Tribeca Bow
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'