Richard LeParmentier, best known for his role as Admiral Motti, commander of Vader’s Death Star in Star Wars Episode IV: The New Hope, has died at his Austin, Texas home. He was 66. LeParmentier appeared in more than 50 films and TV shows throughout his career, but his most memorable performance was the role of Motti who was choked by Darth Vader in the 1977 Star Wars film. He also played acerbic police Lieutenant Santino in Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988). His other film credits include The People That Time Forgot (1977), Superman II (1980), and Octopussy (1983). His most recent film role was Colonel Gurnheim in 1992’s The Berlin Conspiracy. He also appeared in the TV series Paint Me A Murder and Capital City.
R.I.P. Richard LeParmentier
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company