Richard LeParmentier, best known for his role as Admiral Motti, commander of Vader’s Death Star in Star Wars Episode IV: The New Hope, has died at his Austin, Texas home. He was 66. LeParmentier appeared in more than 50 films and TV shows throughout his career, but his most memorable performance was the role of Motti who was choked by Darth Vader in the 1977 Star Wars film. He also played acerbic police Lieutenant Santino in Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988). His other film credits include The People That Time Forgot (1977), Superman II (1980), and Octopussy (1983). His most recent film role was Colonel Gurnheim in 1992’s The Berlin Conspiracy. He also appeared in the TV series Paint Me A Murder and Capital City.
R.I.P. Richard LeParmentier
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video