EXCLUSIVE: Phill Lewis has landed a lead role opposite Matthew Broderick in CBS‘ untitled Tad Quill multi-camera comedy pilot directed by James Burrows. The project, from CBS TV Studios, centers on Jack (Broderick), a recently widowed father jumping back into the dating pool. Lewis, repped by KLWGN and Abrams/Brandt Rose, will play Jack’s best friend and co-worker. Kristin Chenoweth plays Jack’s sister. Lewis, who has a long sitcom resume that includes stints on Friends, Yes, Dear, Scrubs and The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody, has also made a successful transition to multi-camera comedy directing, recently helming multiple episodes for CBS’ Mike & Molly and 2 Broke Girls and ABC’s Malibu Country.
Phill Lewis To Co-Star In CBS’ Tad Quill Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment