Peter Berg has closed a deal to direct Damon Lindelof’s HBO drama pilot The Leftovers based on Tom Perrotta’s 2011 book. In addition, Berg and his producing partner, Sarah Aubrey, will serve as executive producers on the pilot as well as the series, should it go forward, alongside Lindelof, Perrotta, Ron Yerxa and Albert Berger. The project, co-written by Lindelof and Perrotta, takes place after the Rapture happens but not quite like it’s supposed to. It is the story of the people who didn’t make the cut… and a world that will never be the same. The pilot is produced by Warner Bros. TV where Lindelof, who will serve as showrunner on Leftovers, is under a rich overall deal. Berg, who also is directing and exec producing the NBC pilot Bloodline, is with WME.
Peter Berg To Direct Damon Lindelof’s HBO Pilot ‘The Leftovers’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21