Peter Berg has closed a deal to direct Damon Lindelof’s HBO drama pilot The Leftovers based on Tom Perrotta’s 2011 book. In addition, Berg and his producing partner, Sarah Aubrey, will serve as executive producers on the pilot as well as the series, should it go forward, alongside Lindelof, Perrotta, Ron Yerxa and Albert Berger. The project, co-written by Lindelof and Perrotta, takes place after the Rapture happens but not quite like it’s supposed to. It is the story of the people who didn’t make the cut… and a world that will never be the same. The pilot is produced by Warner Bros. TV where Lindelof, who will serve as showrunner on Leftovers, is under a rich overall deal. Berg, who also is directing and exec producing the NBC pilot Bloodline, is with WME.
Peter Berg To Direct Damon Lindelof’s HBO Pilot ‘The Leftovers’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Tig Notaro On Louis C.K. Scandal: The Only Positive Is “Victims Were Not Told They’re Lying”
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast