EXCLUSIVE: Tina Gordon Chism’s thriller script follows a young female lawyer handling the case of a New Orleans coffee magnate whose passing sparks a deadly chain of events. Project reteams Chism with producer Stephanie Allain following the pair’s collaboration on Lionsgate’s Peeples for Tyler Perry Studios. That pic marked Chism’s directorial debut and hits theaters May 10. DeVon Franklin and Alex Siskin snapped up Inheritance for Sony; Siskin is also producing with Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal for Escape Artists. I’m told the shoot is planned to take place on location in New Orleans. Chism got her start on The Cosby Show and made her screenwriting debut with Fox’s 2002 hit Drumline before scripting ATL for WB. She is repped by WME and Matt Johnson at Ziffren.
‘Peeples’ Helmer Tina Gordon Chism Sells ‘Inheritance’ To Sony
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Yamato
- UPDATE: Michelle Yeoh, Others Join Cinemax's 'Strike Back' For Fourth & Final Season
- Fantastic Fest: Drafthouse & FilmBuff Acquire Sci-Fi Horror Romance 'Spring'
- Hot Fantastic Fest Trailer: 'Felt'
- Pauly Shore Documentary Acquired By Showtime
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'