EXCLUSIVE: Tina Gordon Chism’s thriller script follows a young female lawyer handling the case of a New Orleans coffee magnate whose passing sparks a deadly chain of events. Project reteams Chism with producer Stephanie Allain following the pair’s collaboration on Lionsgate’s Peeples for Tyler Perry Studios. That pic marked Chism’s directorial debut and hits theaters May 10. DeVon Franklin and Alex Siskin snapped up Inheritance for Sony; Siskin is also producing with Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal for Escape Artists. I’m told the shoot is planned to take place on location in New Orleans. Chism got her start on The Cosby Show and made her screenwriting debut with Fox’s 2002 hit Drumline before scripting ATL for WB. She is repped by WME and Matt Johnson at Ziffren.
‘Peeples’ Helmer Tina Gordon Chism Sells ‘Inheritance’ To Sony
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Catherine Zeta-Jones To Play Colombian Drug Lord In 'The Godmother'
- Quentin Tarantino's New Beverly Cinema Re-Opens In Los Angeles
- 'The Bridge's Diane Kruger Sets Indies 'Maryland' & 'Sky'
- UTA Independent Film Group Adds Memento Films' Nick Shumaker
- 'Interstellar' Trailer: Matthew McConaughey Will Save Us All
- Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' To Open Two Days Early In 35mm, 70mm