EXCLUSIVE: Tina Gordon Chism’s thriller script follows a young female lawyer handling the case of a New Orleans coffee magnate whose passing sparks a deadly chain of events. Project reteams Chism with producer Stephanie Allain following the pair’s collaboration on Lionsgate’s Peeples for Tyler Perry Studios. That pic marked Chism’s directorial debut and hits theaters May 10. DeVon Franklin and Alex Siskin snapped up Inheritance for Sony; Siskin is also producing with Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal for Escape Artists. I’m told the shoot is planned to take place on location in New Orleans. Chism got her start on The Cosby Show and made her screenwriting debut with Fox’s 2002 hit Drumline before scripting ATL for WB. She is repped by WME and Matt Johnson at Ziffren.
‘Peeples’ Helmer Tina Gordon Chism Sells ‘Inheritance’ To Sony
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?