EXCLUSIVE: And here I thought the win streak of the New York Knicks was impressive. For a third day in a row, Paradigm has added an Oscar winner to the agency fold. And another longtime client of Robert Bookman, who moved over from CAA. Paradigm just signed screenwriter and iconic novelist John Irving. Irving won the Oscar making his debut as a screenwriter by adapting his own novel The Cider House Rules. Many of his novels, from The World According To Garp to A Widow For One Year, A Prayer For Owen Meany and The Hotel New Hampshire, have been turned into films. Irving won the National Book Award for Garp. The signing comes after the agency inked Ted Tally and Tom Stoppard.
Paradigm Signs Author/Scribe John Irving
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Let's Be Cops' Helmer Luke Greenfield Closes Fox Deal For Next Pic
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'