EXCLUSIVE: And here I thought the win streak of the New York Knicks was impressive. For a third day in a row, Paradigm has added an Oscar winner to the agency fold. And another longtime client of Robert Bookman, who moved over from CAA. Paradigm just signed screenwriter and iconic novelist John Irving. Irving won the Oscar making his debut as a screenwriter by adapting his own novel The Cider House Rules. Many of his novels, from The World According To Garp to A Widow For One Year, A Prayer For Owen Meany and The Hotel New Hampshire, have been turned into films. Irving won the National Book Award for Garp. The signing comes after the agency inked Ted Tally and Tom Stoppard.
Paradigm Signs Author/Scribe John Irving
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- ‘Loveless’ Director Andrey Zvyagintsev On Filmmaking In Modern-Day Russia
- ‘Coco’ Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; ‘Justice League’ At $61M+; ‘Wonder’ Wows At $32M+: Friday…
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business