EXCLUSIVE: And here I thought the win streak of the New York Knicks was impressive. For a third day in a row, Paradigm has added an Oscar winner to the agency fold. And another longtime client of Robert Bookman, who moved over from CAA. Paradigm just signed screenwriter and iconic novelist John Irving. Irving won the Oscar making his debut as a screenwriter by adapting his own novel The Cider House Rules. Many of his novels, from The World According To Garp to A Widow For One Year, A Prayer For Owen Meany and The Hotel New Hampshire, have been turned into films. Irving won the National Book Award for Garp. The signing comes after the agency inked Ted Tally and Tom Stoppard.
Paradigm Signs Author/Scribe John Irving
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest Film News
- Patricia Morison Dies: Glamourous Movie Star Of The 1940s Was 103
- 'First Reformed' Nabs Top Spot; 'Pope Francis' Mixed: Specialty Box Office
- Guns On The Playbill? Every Major Studio Has Them This Season
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Tops $1.81B WW – International…
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Swinging In As Second-Best Opening For R-Rated Pic With $125M
- 'No Blood Was Shed': Jury Head Cate Blanchett On Gender, Race And Choosing The 'Right' Palme D'Or