Paradigm unscripted agent Dan Ilani has left the agency to join one of the companies he represented there, Undertow Films, as partner and co-CEO. Undertow, founded in 2011 by Matt Renner and Ethan Prochnik, the Emmy-winning producers of Discovery Channel’s Deadliest Catch, has now signed with CAA. Renner and Ilani serve as co-CEOs of the company, Prochnik is chief creative officer. Undertow’s first series, History Channel’s Shark Wranglers, premiered last year, with a number of other projects in the works at Discovery, AMC, Animal Planet, TLC, and Esquire. Ilani previously worked as an entertainment lawyer in NY and as a producer/ad executive at Grey Advertising. Undertow continues to be repped by Hansen, Jacobsen, Teller, Hoberman.
Paradigm Agent Dan Ilani Joins Undertow Films As Co-CEO, Company Signs With CAA
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Tig Notaro On Louis C.K. Scandal: The Only Positive Is “Victims Were Not Told They’re Lying”
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast