Orlando Bloom will star opposite Condola Rashad in a modern revival of William Shakespeare’s tale of star-crossed lovers with a racial twist. “They could have been any number of different ethnicities,” director David Leveaux told the New York Times, referring to his casting choices. “The two actors I wanted to be together producing sparks just happened to be those two and I followed my nose in casting the families”. The production also stars Jayne Houdyshell as the nurse and Joe Morton as Lord Capulet. Previews for Romeo And Juliet begin August 24 with opening night set for September 19 at the Richard Rodgers theater.
Orlando Bloom To Make Broadway Debut In ‘Romeo And Juliet’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date