Orlando Bloom will star opposite Condola Rashad in a modern revival of William Shakespeare’s tale of star-crossed lovers with a racial twist. “They could have been any number of different ethnicities,” director David Leveaux told the New York Times, referring to his casting choices. “The two actors I wanted to be together producing sparks just happened to be those two and I followed my nose in casting the families”. The production also stars Jayne Houdyshell as the nurse and Joe Morton as Lord Capulet. Previews for Romeo And Juliet begin August 24 with opening night set for September 19 at the Richard Rodgers theater.
Orlando Bloom To Make Broadway Debut In ‘Romeo And Juliet’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- RATINGS RAT RACE: Revamped 'Dancing With The Stars' Snags Smallest Crowd For Fall Debut