Orlando Bloom will star opposite Condola Rashad in a modern revival of William Shakespeare’s tale of star-crossed lovers with a racial twist. “They could have been any number of different ethnicities,” director David Leveaux told the New York Times, referring to his casting choices. “The two actors I wanted to be together producing sparks just happened to be those two and I followed my nose in casting the families”. The production also stars Jayne Houdyshell as the nurse and Joe Morton as Lord Capulet. Previews for Romeo And Juliet begin August 24 with opening night set for September 19 at the Richard Rodgers theater.
Orlando Bloom To Make Broadway Debut In ‘Romeo And Juliet’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'