Orlando Bloom will star opposite Condola Rashad in a modern revival of William Shakespeare’s tale of star-crossed lovers with a racial twist. “They could have been any number of different ethnicities,” director David Leveaux told the New York Times, referring to his casting choices. “The two actors I wanted to be together producing sparks just happened to be those two and I followed my nose in casting the families”. The production also stars Jayne Houdyshell as the nurse and Joe Morton as Lord Capulet. Previews for Romeo And Juliet begin August 24 with opening night set for September 19 at the Richard Rodgers theater.
Orlando Bloom To Make Broadway Debut In ‘Romeo And Juliet’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors
- Michael Rooker Signs Up For ‘The Belko Experiment'; Bai Ling To Have ‘Maximum Impact’
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination