2ND UPDATE: Deadline hears “there was a scheduling conflict” to explain why Jennifer Lawrence wasn’t there. But this appeared to be the last thing the cable network expected as the live MTV Movie Awards scrambled to adjust to the glaring absence of tonight’s biggest star. The newly Academy Award-winning actress was a no-show for the telecast – embarrassing the network which had arranged for a lot of Hunger Games 2 promotion during the telecast for the film’s fans. MTV apparently had to rearrange some categories because of the situation. And MTV punted what was to have been a sketch with host Rebel Wilson and Lawrence playing sisters. Other performers had to make do as well. “Thanks so much. Jen’s not here. I’m sorry,” Bradley Cooper told the audience to what even the MTV website said was an “audibly upset room” about the absent Lawrence. “I know. But, she was great to kiss.” The pair won Best Kiss Category. Lawrence also won Best Female performance after being nominated in several categories. No explanation as yet for why she didn’t appear. Her Hunger Games: Catching Fire co-star Liam Hemsworth was there to present a teaser trailer premiere for the pic.
Jennifer Lawrence No-Shows At MTV Movie Awards: “Audibly Upset Room”
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Pinewood Studios In $425 Million Takeover Deal With U.S. Property Fund Venus Grafton
- Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz…
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’