2ND UPDATE: Deadline hears “there was a scheduling conflict” to explain why Jennifer Lawrence wasn’t there. But this appeared to be the last thing the cable network expected as the live MTV Movie Awards scrambled to adjust to the glaring absence of tonight’s biggest star. The newly Academy Award-winning actress was a no-show for the telecast – embarrassing the network which had arranged for a lot of Hunger Games 2 promotion during the telecast for the film’s fans. MTV apparently had to rearrange some categories because of the situation. And MTV punted what was to have been a sketch with host Rebel Wilson and Lawrence playing sisters. Other performers had to make do as well. “Thanks so much. Jen’s not here. I’m sorry,” Bradley Cooper told the audience to what even the MTV website said was an “audibly upset room” about the absent Lawrence. “I know. But, she was great to kiss.” The pair won Best Kiss Category. Lawrence also won Best Female performance after being nominated in several categories. No explanation as yet for why she didn’t appear. Her Hunger Games: Catching Fire co-star Liam Hemsworth was there to present a teaser trailer premiere for the pic.
Jennifer Lawrence No-Shows At MTV Movie Awards: “Audibly Upset Room”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
Why 'Alien: Covenant' Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From 'Prometheus' -- Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- ‘The Originals’ Danielle Campbell Boards 'You Can Choose Your Family'
- Why ‘Alien: Covenant’ Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From ‘Prometheus’ — Box…
- ‘The Wizard Of Lies’ Production Designer Laurence Bennett On Crafting A Dickensian Nightmare
- ‘Resident Evil’ Franchise Reboot: James Wan On Board To Produce From Greg Russo Script
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?