Encouraging news for NBC‘s off-cycle drama pilot After Hours, which is now titled The Night Shift. I hear the network has commissioned four backup scripts from the project, produced by Sony Pictures TV. The Night Shift, an ensemble medical show about a group of Army doctors who return to work the night shift together, was one of two drama pilots NBC ordered off-cycle, along with soapy mystery The Secret Lives of Husbands And Wives. The Night Shift, created by Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah, was originally developed by NBC last season. The network didn’t pick it up to pilot back then but kept it in contention with an order for a new script. The Night Shift was ordered to pilot in October with Pierre Morel directing and Eoin Macken, Jill Flint, Freddy Rodriguez, Ken Leung, Jeananne Goossen, Robert Bailey Jr and Brigid Brannagh starring. The project heated up at the beginning of the year with talk of a potential early series order.
NBC Orders Backup Scripts Of ‘After Hours’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC