Encouraging news for NBC‘s off-cycle drama pilot After Hours, which is now titled The Night Shift. I hear the network has commissioned four backup scripts from the project, produced by Sony Pictures TV. The Night Shift, an ensemble medical show about a group of Army doctors who return to work the night shift together, was one of two drama pilots NBC ordered off-cycle, along with soapy mystery The Secret Lives of Husbands And Wives. The Night Shift, created by Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah, was originally developed by NBC last season. The network didn’t pick it up to pilot back then but kept it in contention with an order for a new script. The Night Shift was ordered to pilot in October with Pierre Morel directing and Eoin Macken, Jill Flint, Freddy Rodriguez, Ken Leung, Jeananne Goossen, Robert Bailey Jr and Brigid Brannagh starring. The project heated up at the beginning of the year with talk of a potential early series order.
NBC Orders Backup Scripts Of ‘After Hours’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And "Targeted Their Inner Demons:" Reports
Latest TV News
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe