Encouraging news for NBC‘s off-cycle drama pilot After Hours, which is now titled The Night Shift. I hear the network has commissioned four backup scripts from the project, produced by Sony Pictures TV. The Night Shift, an ensemble medical show about a group of Army doctors who return to work the night shift together, was one of two drama pilots NBC ordered off-cycle, along with soapy mystery The Secret Lives of Husbands And Wives. The Night Shift, created by Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah, was originally developed by NBC last season. The network didn’t pick it up to pilot back then but kept it in contention with an order for a new script. The Night Shift was ordered to pilot in October with Pierre Morel directing and Eoin Macken, Jill Flint, Freddy Rodriguez, Ken Leung, Jeananne Goossen, Robert Bailey Jr and Brigid Brannagh starring. The project heated up at the beginning of the year with talk of a potential early series order.
NBC Orders Backup Scripts Of ‘After Hours’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips
- CBS Buys Adaptation Of British Comedy 'Friday Night Dinner' As Put Pilot