Encouraging news for NBC‘s off-cycle drama pilot After Hours, which is now titled The Night Shift. I hear the network has commissioned four backup scripts from the project, produced by Sony Pictures TV. The Night Shift, an ensemble medical show about a group of Army doctors who return to work the night shift together, was one of two drama pilots NBC ordered off-cycle, along with soapy mystery The Secret Lives of Husbands And Wives. The Night Shift, created by Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah, was originally developed by NBC last season. The network didn’t pick it up to pilot back then but kept it in contention with an order for a new script. The Night Shift was ordered to pilot in October with Pierre Morel directing and Eoin Macken, Jill Flint, Freddy Rodriguez, Ken Leung, Jeananne Goossen, Robert Bailey Jr and Brigid Brannagh starring. The project heated up at the beginning of the year with talk of a potential early series order.
NBC Orders Backup Scripts Of ‘After Hours’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order, Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol