Big winner Jennifer Lawrence didn’t show up at last night’s 2013 MTV Movie Awards and Parks & Recreation’s Aubrey Plaza got thrown out but that didn’t stop viewers from watching. With 3.8 million total viewers watching and a 3.4 rating, the show was up from the 2012 show in both viewership and among the network’s core 12-34 demographic.The awards show was hosted by Pitch Perfect’s Rebel Wilson, who also won a Breakthrough Performance award as well. Last year’s MTV Movie Awards pulled in 3.2 million viewers and a 2.8 rating in the 12-34 demo. That was down 28% in the demo from the 2011 show. This year, the show’s 12-34 demo rating was up 21% from 2012. Additionally, the show was up 45% among Adults 18-34 and up 44% with Adults 18-49.
MTV Movie Awards Ratings Up Double Digits From 2012
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Hit Low, CBS & Fox Tackled By NFL Overruns
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms