Big winner Jennifer Lawrence didn’t show up at last night’s 2013 MTV Movie Awards and Parks & Recreation’s Aubrey Plaza got thrown out but that didn’t stop viewers from watching. With 3.8 million total viewers watching and a 3.4 rating, the show was up from the 2012 show in both viewership and among the network’s core 12-34 demographic.The awards show was hosted by Pitch Perfect’s Rebel Wilson, who also won a Breakthrough Performance award as well. Last year’s MTV Movie Awards pulled in 3.2 million viewers and a 2.8 rating in the 12-34 demo. That was down 28% in the demo from the 2011 show. This year, the show’s 12-34 demo rating was up 21% from 2012. Additionally, the show was up 45% among Adults 18-34 and up 44% with Adults 18-49.
MTV Movie Awards Ratings Up Double Digits From 2012
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…