Big winner Jennifer Lawrence didn’t show up at last night’s 2013 MTV Movie Awards and Parks & Recreation’s Aubrey Plaza got thrown out but that didn’t stop viewers from watching. With 3.8 million total viewers watching and a 3.4 rating, the show was up from the 2012 show in both viewership and among the network’s core 12-34 demographic.The awards show was hosted by Pitch Perfect’s Rebel Wilson, who also won a Breakthrough Performance award as well. Last year’s MTV Movie Awards pulled in 3.2 million viewers and a 2.8 rating in the 12-34 demo. That was down 28% in the demo from the 2011 show. This year, the show’s 12-34 demo rating was up 21% from 2012. Additionally, the show was up 45% among Adults 18-34 and up 44% with Adults 18-49.
MTV Movie Awards Ratings Up Double Digits From 2012
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring