Big winner Jennifer Lawrence didn’t show up at last night’s 2013 MTV Movie Awards and Parks & Recreation’s Aubrey Plaza got thrown out but that didn’t stop viewers from watching. With 3.8 million total viewers watching and a 3.4 rating, the show was up from the 2012 show in both viewership and among the network’s core 12-34 demographic.The awards show was hosted by Pitch Perfect’s Rebel Wilson, who also won a Breakthrough Performance award as well. Last year’s MTV Movie Awards pulled in 3.2 million viewers and a 2.8 rating in the 12-34 demo. That was down 28% in the demo from the 2011 show. This year, the show’s 12-34 demo rating was up 21% from 2012. Additionally, the show was up 45% among Adults 18-34 and up 44% with Adults 18-49.
MTV Movie Awards Ratings Up Double Digits From 2012
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest TV News
- ‘SEAL Team’: John Glenn Joins CBS Series As New Showrunner, Two EPs Depart
- ‘The Middle’ Co-Creator On The “Bittersweet” Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
- ‘The Middle’ Series Finale: ABC’s Fond Farewell To America’s Beloved TV Family Is One “Heck Of A Ride”…
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- ‘Roseanne’ Finale: EP Bruce Helford On One Topic They Didn’t Get To Tackle, Season 2 Themes & Who May…
- ‘Rectify’ Star Aden Young Inks With ICM Partners