The price the average moviegoer spent for a ticket in the first three months of 2013 is down from last year’s average of $7.96 and Q4’s $8.05, according to the National Association of Theater Owners. Prices also were basically flat vs early 2012 when buyers spent an average of $7.92. Ticket outlays peaked at $8.12 in last year’s Q2.
Movie Ticket Prices Retreated Slightly To $7.94 In Q1
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Lieberman
- Apple Beats Earnings Expectations With Help From iPhones, But Not iPads
- How The New York Times Missed The Story About HBO, CBS, And The Web
- Movie Ticket Outlays Averaged $8.08 In Q3, Up 3.1% From Last Year
- Google Shares Slip After It Misses Q3 Earnings Expectations
- CBS Launches $5.99-A-Month Subscription Streaming Service