The price the average moviegoer spent for a ticket in the first three months of 2013 is down from last year’s average of $7.96 and Q4’s $8.05, according to the National Association of Theater Owners. Prices also were basically flat vs early 2012 when buyers spent an average of $7.92. Ticket outlays peaked at $8.12 in last year’s Q2.
Movie Ticket Prices Retreated Slightly To $7.94 In Q1
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Lieberman
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- Paramount Cancels 'Team America' Showings, Theaters Say
- Movie Theater Stocks Rebound After Chains Jettison 'The Interview'
- Lionsgate Sought Deal Talks With Sony Hacked Emails Reveal
- 'The Interview' NYC Premiere Canceled
- Barry Meyer Named To Federal Reserve Bank's Board In San Francisco