The price the average moviegoer spent for a ticket in the first three months of 2013 is down from last year’s average of $7.96 and Q4’s $8.05, according to the National Association of Theater Owners. Prices also were basically flat vs early 2012 when buyers spent an average of $7.92. Ticket outlays peaked at $8.12 in last year’s Q2.
Movie Ticket Prices Retreated Slightly To $7.94 In Q1
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest Business News
- WWE, Gene Simmons Tag-Team To Launch Horror Label
- Feds Probing Former Paramount Exec Over Embezzlement Allegations
- Tommy Gargotta Tops Theatrical Marketing At Relativity EuropaCorp Distribution
- Technicolor Says Layoffs Will Affect Only Its Media Services Departments
- British Election Campaign Kicks Off With First Televised Leaders Debate
- Richard Rosenblatt Launches Whipclip Video App; Will 3rd Time Also Be A Charm?