The price the average moviegoer spent for a ticket in the first three months of 2013 is down from last year’s average of $7.96 and Q4’s $8.05, according to the National Association of Theater Owners. Prices also were basically flat vs early 2012 when buyers spent an average of $7.92. Ticket outlays peaked at $8.12 in last year’s Q2.
Movie Ticket Prices Retreated Slightly To $7.94 In Q1
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Business News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- Point.360 To Acquire Troubled Postproduction House Modern VideoFilm
- Time Warner Cable Nears A Decision On A New Merger Deal – Reports
- Hollywood Teamsters Reach Contract Deal With Basic Crafts Unions