The price the average moviegoer spent for a ticket in the first three months of 2013 is down from last year’s average of $7.96 and Q4’s $8.05, according to the National Association of Theater Owners. Prices also were basically flat vs early 2012 when buyers spent an average of $7.92. Ticket outlays peaked at $8.12 in last year’s Q2.
Movie Ticket Prices Retreated Slightly To $7.94 In Q1
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- DreamWorks Animation's Negotiations With SoftBank Have Cooled: Report
- What Is SoftBank, And Why Might It Want DreamWorks Animation?
- UPDATE: Deal Talk Lifts DreamWorks Animation Shares While Analysts Question Its Logic
- Derek Jeter's Yankee Stadium Farewell Scores Record-Setting Streams For MLB.TV
- Comcast Names Exec To “Reimagine” Customer Experience, Acknowledging It's A Problem
- Yahoo And AOL Shares Pop After Activist Investor Urges A Merger