Morgan Freeman is in final negotiations to join Johnny Depp, Paul Bettany, Rebecca Hall and Kate Mara in Wally Pfister’s directorial debut Transcendence ahead of a scheduled May start date for production. Freeman, repped by CAA, was in Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, all of which were lensed by Pfister. Alcon Entertainment is financing and producing Transcendence, with Warner Bros already settled on an April 25, 2014 release date. The team has done a solid job keeping a tight lid on the plot of the script, written by Jack Paglen. The screenplay was developed by Annie Marter and Straight Up Films, whose company principals include Marisa Polvino, Kate Cohen and Regency Boies. Polvino, Marter and Cohen will produce with David Valdes, and Alcon’s Johnson and Kosove. Boies will co-produce. Pfister, Nolan and producing partner Emma Thomas have worked on seven films including Inception, which won Pfister an Oscar. Nolan, Thomas and Aaron Ryder are executive producing this one.
Morgan Freeman Boards Wally Pfister’s ‘Transcendence’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- James Caan, Kevin Dillon, Sam Huntington Top Crackle Feature 'The Throwaways'
- NBC News To Air First Live Broadcast Of Global Citizen Festival Featuring Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, The Roots
- USA's 'Benched' To Premiere October 28: Video
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Charles Dance Hints That Tywin Lannister Might Be Alive
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer