Morgan Freeman is in final negotiations to join Johnny Depp, Paul Bettany, Rebecca Hall and Kate Mara in Wally Pfister’s directorial debut Transcendence ahead of a scheduled May start date for production. Freeman, repped by CAA, was in Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, all of which were lensed by Pfister. Alcon Entertainment is financing and producing Transcendence, with Warner Bros already settled on an April 25, 2014 release date. The team has done a solid job keeping a tight lid on the plot of the script, written by Jack Paglen. The screenplay was developed by Annie Marter and Straight Up Films, whose company principals include Marisa Polvino, Kate Cohen and Regency Boies. Polvino, Marter and Cohen will produce with David Valdes, and Alcon’s Johnson and Kosove. Boies will co-produce. Pfister, Nolan and producing partner Emma Thomas have worked on seven films including Inception, which won Pfister an Oscar. Nolan, Thomas and Aaron Ryder are executive producing this one.
Morgan Freeman Boards Wally Pfister’s ‘Transcendence’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump