This is the first subtitled look at Michel Gondry‘s upcoming Mood Indigo (L’Ecume Des Jours). Judging by the below, and by the previous French-only versions, the Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind director’s whimsical fantasy looks like it may have more in common with Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s Amélie than just star Audrey Tautou. Here Tautou plays a woman with an unusual illness caused by a flower growing in her lungs. Romain Duris, Gad Emaleh and The Intouchables‘ Omar Sy co-star in the film that’s based on the novel by Boris Vian. It opened Wednesday in France via Studiocanal, who I hear is close to a deal with a U.S. distributor.
Hot Trailer: ‘Mood Indigo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter