This is the first subtitled look at Michel Gondry‘s upcoming Mood Indigo (L’Ecume Des Jours). Judging by the below, and by the previous French-only versions, the Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind director’s whimsical fantasy looks like it may have more in common with Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s Amélie than just star Audrey Tautou. Here Tautou plays a woman with an unusual illness caused by a flower growing in her lungs. Romain Duris, Gad Emaleh and The Intouchables‘ Omar Sy co-star in the film that’s based on the novel by Boris Vian. It opened Wednesday in France via Studiocanal, who I hear is close to a deal with a U.S. distributor.
Hot Trailer: ‘Mood Indigo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations