This is the first subtitled look at Michel Gondry‘s upcoming Mood Indigo (L’Ecume Des Jours). Judging by the below, and by the previous French-only versions, the Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind director’s whimsical fantasy looks like it may have more in common with Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s Amélie than just star Audrey Tautou. Here Tautou plays a woman with an unusual illness caused by a flower growing in her lungs. Romain Duris, Gad Emaleh and The Intouchables‘ Omar Sy co-star in the film that’s based on the novel by Boris Vian. It opened Wednesday in France via Studiocanal, who I hear is close to a deal with a U.S. distributor.
Hot Trailer: ‘Mood Indigo’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group
- Netflix Launches In France With A New Partner — And A New Rival
- Intl Box Office FINAL: Blockbusters Strong O'Sea Led By 'Lucy', While U.S. B.O. Suffers