Rocker Gene Simmons will be in Cannes on Monday to interview Entertainment One president and CEO Darren Throop onstage for a Mip TV keynote session. The KISS co-founder will also be there to pitch his new hidden-camera reality show, Busted. Simmons and eOne are teaming on the show, which eOne is selling internationally (although Simmons has retained dibs on merchandise). The bassist created the behind-the-scenes series in which he goes on tour with some of the biggest bands in the world and gives audiences an all-access pass to backstage practical jokes. Executive producers include John Morayniss, Tara Long and Jeff Hevert on behalf of eOne and Simmons. No stranger to reality TV, Simmons previously starred in the long-running A&E show Gene Simmons Family Jewels along with two seasons of Gene Simmons’ Rock School for VH1. He also created the shows Mr. Romance for Oxygen and My Dad The Rock Star for NickToons. KISS released its 20th studio album in October last year.
MIP TV: Gene Simmons, eOne To Pitch Hidden-Camera Series ‘Busted’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest