Jeff Zucker continues to staff up at his new CNN post, this time with a producer he’d already put in place at the Katie Couric talk show. Even though Zucker still retains ownership in Katie. A network insider confirms to Deadline that Zucker has hired his former Today Show #2 and Katie co-executive producer Michael Bass who’ll serve as CNN senior VP reporting to Zucker. The NYT first reported the move. The formal greenlight for Katie‘s second season came just days after its original executive producer Zucker left to run CNN. Zucker earlier hired another Today Show alum – Allison Gollust whom he installed as NBCUniversal VP Corporate Communications when he was head there and in March as SVP Communications for CNN Worldwide.
CNN’s Jeff Zucker Poaches ‘Katie’ Producer Michael Bass
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- MTV ‘True Life’ Episode To Focus On Orlando Shooting Survivors
- Donald Trump Takes To Reddit; Tim Kaine Talks To Telemundo Tonight
- ‘The Get Down’ Trailer: Baz Luhrmann’s Netflix Music-Driven Drama Follows Rise Of Hip Hop In 1970s New York
- Discovery Communications Ad Sales Chief Joe Abruzzese To Retire At Year End
- John Oliver Roasts Donald Trump’s RNC As Controversy Roils DNC Opening
- Netflix Lands Global Streaming Rights To FX’s ‘American Crime Story’