Jeff Zucker continues to staff up at his new CNN post, this time with a producer he’d already put in place at the Katie Couric talk show. Even though Zucker still retains ownership in Katie. A network insider confirms to Deadline that Zucker has hired his former Today Show #2 and Katie co-executive producer Michael Bass who’ll serve as CNN senior VP reporting to Zucker. The NYT first reported the move. The formal greenlight for Katie‘s second season came just days after its original executive producer Zucker left to run CNN. Zucker earlier hired another Today Show alum – Allison Gollust whom he installed as NBCUniversal VP Corporate Communications when he was head there and in March as SVP Communications for CNN Worldwide.
CNN’s Jeff Zucker Poaches ‘Katie’ Producer Michael Bass
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV