Banijay, the group behind the original Stars In Danger: The High Dive and owner of Bunim/Murray Prods., has acquired 50% of Italian TV producer Ambra Multimedia. That company was recently founded by Marco Bassetti who has just been named Banijay Group CEO. Bassetti founded Endemol Italy in 1997 and was eventually appointed president of Endemol Group, taking over CEO responsibilities before stepping down in April 2012. Bassetti will be responsible for the international development of Banijay Group which is present in 12 countries in Europe, the U.S. and Australia. At the same time, Banijay EVP François de Brugada has been promoted to COO.
Marco Bassetti Named CEO Of Banijay; Group Acquires Italy’s Ambra Multimedia
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2