After hooking up on three titles at the EFM in Berlin, Magnolia Pictures has closed yet another deal on a film from Scandinavian sales outfit TrustNordisk. Roger Gual’s Spanish ensemble comedy Tasting Menu has been acquired by the company for all rights in the U.S. while Vendetta Film has taken Australia and New Zealand. The movie follows a couple who book a table at the best restaurant in the world. But by the time the reservation rolls around, they’ve already been separated for a year. As it’s the last night before the culinary gem closes forever, they decide they can’t miss the unique event and meet at the restaurant (which sounds an awful lot like Ferran Adria’s El Bulli which shuttered in 2011). Stephen Rea, Fionnula Flanagan, Claudia Bassols, Jan Cornet and Togo Igawa star. Producer is David Matamoros for Zentropa International Spain and Subotica Limited. Executive producers are Peter Garde and Peter Aalbæk Jensen. The film’s Spanish release is set for June 14. Click over for the trailer:
Magnolia Acquires Spanish Ensemble Comedy ‘Tasting Menu’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest