Aussie actor Luke Arnold, who’s starring in Michael Bay’s pirate adventure Black Sails, is in negotiations to play late INXS frontman Michael Hutchence in Never Tear Us Apart: The INXS Story. Shine Australia is producing for Oz’s Seven Network. The two-part, four-hour saga traces the band’s rise and the aftermath of Hutchence’s 1997 death. Shooting is slated for Melbourne later this year. Arnold is currently in Cape Town playing Long John Silver in Starz‘ eight-episode Black Sails that’s set 20 years before the events in Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island. He’s repped by WME, Caliber Media and LMCM in Australia.
Luke Arnold To Play Michael Hutchence In Shine’s INXS Biopic ‘Never Tear Us Apart’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor