Aussie actor Luke Arnold, who’s starring in Michael Bay’s pirate adventure Black Sails, is in negotiations to play late INXS frontman Michael Hutchence in Never Tear Us Apart: The INXS Story. Shine Australia is producing for Oz’s Seven Network. The two-part, four-hour saga traces the band’s rise and the aftermath of Hutchence’s 1997 death. Shooting is slated for Melbourne later this year. Arnold is currently in Cape Town playing Long John Silver in Starz‘ eight-episode Black Sails that’s set 20 years before the events in Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island. He’s repped by WME, Caliber Media and LMCM in Australia.
Luke Arnold To Play Michael Hutchence In Shine’s INXS Biopic ‘Never Tear Us Apart’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates