The Broadway run of Nora Ephron‘s final work before her death last June has added 16 dates, the production announced today, with the Broadhurst Theatre now hosting Lucky Guy through July 3. The extra shows come after star Tom Hanks, who collaborated with Ephron on her movies Sleepless In Seattle and You’ve Got Mail, reupped his deal. He plays charismatic and controversial tabloid columnist Mike McAlary, who had a meteoric rise and fall in the scandal- and graffiti-ridden New York of the 1980s; Ephron stared her career at the New York Post in the early ’60s. Lucky Guy opened April 1 and is directed by George C. Wolfe. Maura Tierney, Christopher McDonald, Peter Gerety, Courtney B. Vance, Richard Masur and Hanks’ Bosom Buddies cohort Peter Scolari co-star.
Nora Ephron Play ‘Lucky Guy’ With Tom Hanks Extended
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List