The Broadway run of Nora Ephron‘s final work before her death last June has added 16 dates, the production announced today, with the Broadhurst Theatre now hosting Lucky Guy through July 3. The extra shows come after star Tom Hanks, who collaborated with Ephron on her movies Sleepless In Seattle and You’ve Got Mail, reupped his deal. He plays charismatic and controversial tabloid columnist Mike McAlary, who had a meteoric rise and fall in the scandal- and graffiti-ridden New York of the 1980s; Ephron stared her career at the New York Post in the early ’60s. Lucky Guy opened April 1 and is directed by George C. Wolfe. Maura Tierney, Christopher McDonald, Peter Gerety, Courtney B. Vance, Richard Masur and Hanks’ Bosom Buddies cohort Peter Scolari co-star.
Nora Ephron Play ‘Lucky Guy’ With Tom Hanks Extended
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016