The Broadway run of Nora Ephron‘s final work before her death last June has added 16 dates, the production announced today, with the Broadhurst Theatre now hosting Lucky Guy through July 3. The extra shows come after star Tom Hanks, who collaborated with Ephron on her movies Sleepless In Seattle and You’ve Got Mail, reupped his deal. He plays charismatic and controversial tabloid columnist Mike McAlary, who had a meteoric rise and fall in the scandal- and graffiti-ridden New York of the 1980s; Ephron stared her career at the New York Post in the early ’60s. Lucky Guy opened April 1 and is directed by George C. Wolfe. Maura Tierney, Christopher McDonald, Peter Gerety, Courtney B. Vance, Richard Masur and Hanks’ Bosom Buddies cohort Peter Scolari co-star.
Nora Ephron Play ‘Lucky Guy’ With Tom Hanks Extended
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Robert Downey Jr. & Judi Dench Among BAFTA LA Britannia Awards Honorees
- Shine International Taps Ted Bookstaver SVP Head Of Americas
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015