The Broadway run of Nora Ephron‘s final work before her death last June has added 16 dates, the production announced today, with the Broadhurst Theatre now hosting Lucky Guy through July 3. The extra shows come after star Tom Hanks, who collaborated with Ephron on her movies Sleepless In Seattle and You’ve Got Mail, reupped his deal. He plays charismatic and controversial tabloid columnist Mike McAlary, who had a meteoric rise and fall in the scandal- and graffiti-ridden New York of the 1980s; Ephron stared her career at the New York Post in the early ’60s. Lucky Guy opened April 1 and is directed by George C. Wolfe. Maura Tierney, Christopher McDonald, Peter Gerety, Courtney B. Vance, Richard Masur and Hanks’ Bosom Buddies cohort Peter Scolari co-star.
Nora Ephron Play ‘Lucky Guy’ With Tom Hanks Extended
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…