The indie film and TV studio unveiled its new corporate logo today during the presentation of its upcoming film slate to CinemaCon attendees. (The new one is on the left, the old one on the right). It was designed by Devastudios under the direction of Lionsgate Chief Marketing Officer Tim Palen. “Lionsgate has always distinguished itself in the marketplace with bold, original and provocative films and TV shows, and our company’s character is defined by our innovation, ingenuity and willingness to think outside the box,” he said. “We wanted a logo that captured all those traits while still paying tribute to our entrepreneurial and independent roots.” The logo update comes on the heels of similar upgrades at Universal and Paramount for their respective 100th birthdays. Here’s Lionsgate’s new animated logo:
CinemaCon: New Logo For Lionsgate
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency