The indie film and TV studio unveiled its new corporate logo today during the presentation of its upcoming film slate to CinemaCon attendees. (The new one is on the left, the old one on the right). It was designed by Devastudios under the direction of Lionsgate Chief Marketing Officer Tim Palen. “Lionsgate has always distinguished itself in the marketplace with bold, original and provocative films and TV shows, and our company’s character is defined by our innovation, ingenuity and willingness to think outside the box,” he said. “We wanted a logo that captured all those traits while still paying tribute to our entrepreneurial and independent roots.” The logo update comes on the heels of similar upgrades at Universal and Paramount for their respective 100th birthdays. Here’s Lionsgate’s new animated logo:
CinemaCon: New Logo For Lionsgate
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Damon Lindelof Pens 'Lost'-Themed Episode Of 'Phineas And Ferb'
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program