The indie film and TV studio unveiled its new corporate logo today during the presentation of its upcoming film slate to CinemaCon attendees. (The new one is on the left, the old one on the right). It was designed by Devastudios under the direction of Lionsgate Chief Marketing Officer Tim Palen. “Lionsgate has always distinguished itself in the marketplace with bold, original and provocative films and TV shows, and our company’s character is defined by our innovation, ingenuity and willingness to think outside the box,” he said. “We wanted a logo that captured all those traits while still paying tribute to our entrepreneurial and independent roots.” The logo update comes on the heels of similar upgrades at Universal and Paramount for their respective 100th birthdays. Here’s Lionsgate’s new animated logo:
CinemaCon: New Logo For Lionsgate
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years