Dear Mom, Love Cher chronicles the life of the iconic singer’s mother, Georgia Holt, as she came to Hollywood with dreams of stardom and raised two daughters amid adversity. Cher executive produced and appears in the hourlong docu written and directed by P. David Ebersole and executive produced by Todd Hughes, Ebersole, Risa Shapiro and Lifetime’s Tanya Lopez. Cher, half sister Georganne LaPiere Bartylak, and Holt’s grandchildren Chaz Bono and Elijah Blue Allman also appear in the film. The special airs May 6 at 10 PM PT/ET on Lifetime and is produced by The Ebersole Hughes Company and APIS Productions.
Cher Lifetime Doc Sets Mother’s Day Debut
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'