Greg Maffei seems open to all kinds of possibilities for the properties his company controls. The newly anointed chairman of Sirius XM told CNBC’s David Faber today that Liberty “absolutely” might consider spinning off the satellite radio company, making it independent again. And he says that Starz is “on the right path” — but may benefit from an alliance with a bigger partner. He added in the wide-ranging conversation that it appears from sales at QVC that consumer spending became “surprisingly strong” beginning in February.
Liberty Media CEO Says Deals May Make Sense For Sirius XM And Starz: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Lieberman
- Would A Hollywood Deal With Alibaba Be Cause For Alarm Or Elation?
- Viacom’s Philippe Dauman Made $44.3M In 2014, +19.3%
- Wall Street Wonders: Can DreamWorks Animation Survive Another Failure?
- Sony Says Hack Will Delay Financial Report; Calls Impact “Not Material”
- DreamWorks Animation Restructuring To Cut 500 Jobs With $290M Charge
- PwC Taps Martha Ruiz To Help Oversee Oscar Results