Greg Maffei seems open to all kinds of possibilities for the properties his company controls. The newly anointed chairman of Sirius XM told CNBC’s David Faber today that Liberty “absolutely” might consider spinning off the satellite radio company, making it independent again. And he says that Starz is “on the right path” — but may benefit from an alliance with a bigger partner. He added in the wide-ranging conversation that it appears from sales at QVC that consumer spending became “surprisingly strong” beginning in February.
Liberty Media CEO Says Deals May Make Sense For Sirius XM And Starz: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Business News
- Google Unveils New Product Plans And Addition Of HBO Now To Android
- Barnes & Thornburg Adds Entertainment Lawyer Carolyn Hunt As Partner
- Bradley Cooper, Taylor Schilling Will Present On Tony Telecast – But What About Tommy Tune?
- NBCU Taps Anand Kini To Be CFO
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?
- Glenne Headly Will Go ‘Fish’ With Jason Alexander In Larry David’s Broadway Smash