Greg Maffei seems open to all kinds of possibilities for the properties his company controls. The newly anointed chairman of Sirius XM told CNBC’s David Faber today that Liberty “absolutely” might consider spinning off the satellite radio company, making it independent again. And he says that Starz is “on the right path” — but may benefit from an alliance with a bigger partner. He added in the wide-ranging conversation that it appears from sales at QVC that consumer spending became “surprisingly strong” beginning in February.
Liberty Media CEO Says Deals May Make Sense For Sirius XM And Starz: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Business News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Actress Karla Souza Accuses Mexican Producer Of Sexual Assault
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Roku’s Earnings Beat Street, But Stock Plunges 21% On Forecast
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- Sinclair Lays Out Plans To Divest Stations To Win FCC Approval Of Tribune Acquisition