Greg Maffei seems open to all kinds of possibilities for the properties his company controls. The newly anointed chairman of Sirius XM told CNBC’s David Faber today that Liberty “absolutely” might consider spinning off the satellite radio company, making it independent again. And he says that Starz is “on the right path” — but may benefit from an alliance with a bigger partner. He added in the wide-ranging conversation that it appears from sales at QVC that consumer spending became “surprisingly strong” beginning in February.
Liberty Media CEO Says Deals May Make Sense For Sirius XM And Starz: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight Delayed By Widespread Cable & Satellite Outages – Update
- Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight Nets $400M For HBO/Showtime; Hollywood Comes Big
- David Goldberg Dies: Silicon Valley Entrepreneur, SurveyMonkey CEO, Husband Of Facebook COO
- Universal Reaches $26M Settlement Over Home Video Royalties Class Action
- Charter Chief Considers Adding Netflix And Skinny Bundles – And TWC?
- Tony! Nominations! Put Ads (And Even Some Artists!) In Broadway’s Spotlight!