Gossip Girl alum Leighton Meester is in negotiations to join Robert Downey Jr., Vincent D’Onofrio, Robert Duvall, and Vera Farmiga in the WB drama. The Judge follows a lawyer who returns home after his mother’s death only to learn that his estranged father, the town’s judge, is suspected of murder. It’s a major get for Meester whose film credits include comedies Date Night, That’s My Boy, and Going The Distance, the indie drama The Oranges, and Screen Gems’ The Roommate. The Team Downey and Big Kid Pictures film is directed by David Dobkin and written by Bill Dubuque, who was tapped to redraft Nick Schenk’s original script. Downey, Susan Downey, and Dobkin are producing. Meester is repped by WME and Leverage.
Leighton Meester To Join ‘The Judge’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Octavio Is Dead!’ Trailer: The Gender-Bending Thriller Diversifies The Supernatural Genre
- Comcast’s Fox Bid Would Carry Less Antitrust Risk Than Disney’s, Expert Says
- Attorney Gloria Allred, Subject Of Emmy-Contending Doc, On Bill Cosby Sentencing, Friars Roast & ‘Seeing Allred…
- ‘A Simple Favor’ Teaser: Anna Kendrick & Blake Lively In Thriller From Paul Feig
- Morgan Freeman Accusations: Vancouver’s Public Transportation Service “Pauses” Relationship…
- Blumhouse Acquiring ‘Intruders’, Tommy Wirkola’s Next Thriller