Gossip Girl alum Leighton Meester is in negotiations to join Robert Downey Jr., Vincent D’Onofrio, Robert Duvall, and Vera Farmiga in the WB drama. The Judge follows a lawyer who returns home after his mother’s death only to learn that his estranged father, the town’s judge, is suspected of murder. It’s a major get for Meester whose film credits include comedies Date Night, That’s My Boy, and Going The Distance, the indie drama The Oranges, and Screen Gems’ The Roommate. The Team Downey and Big Kid Pictures film is directed by David Dobkin and written by Bill Dubuque, who was tapped to redraft Nick Schenk’s original script. Downey, Susan Downey, and Dobkin are producing. Meester is repped by WME and Leverage.
Leighton Meester To Join ‘The Judge’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara