Gossip Girl alum Leighton Meester is in negotiations to join Robert Downey Jr., Vincent D’Onofrio, Robert Duvall, and Vera Farmiga in the WB drama. The Judge follows a lawyer who returns home after his mother’s death only to learn that his estranged father, the town’s judge, is suspected of murder. It’s a major get for Meester whose film credits include comedies Date Night, That’s My Boy, and Going The Distance, the indie drama The Oranges, and Screen Gems’ The Roommate. The Team Downey and Big Kid Pictures film is directed by David Dobkin and written by Bill Dubuque, who was tapped to redraft Nick Schenk’s original script. Downey, Susan Downey, and Dobkin are producing. Meester is repped by WME and Leverage.
Leighton Meester To Join ‘The Judge’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer
- 'Saturday Night Live' Insists No Decision On Kenan Thompson After Report Says He's Out At Season End