Gossip Girl alum Leighton Meester is in negotiations to join Robert Downey Jr., Vincent D’Onofrio, Robert Duvall, and Vera Farmiga in the WB drama. The Judge follows a lawyer who returns home after his mother’s death only to learn that his estranged father, the town’s judge, is suspected of murder. It’s a major get for Meester whose film credits include comedies Date Night, That’s My Boy, and Going The Distance, the indie drama The Oranges, and Screen Gems’ The Roommate. The Team Downey and Big Kid Pictures film is directed by David Dobkin and written by Bill Dubuque, who was tapped to redraft Nick Schenk’s original script. Downey, Susan Downey, and Dobkin are producing. Meester is repped by WME and Leverage.
Leighton Meester To Join ‘The Judge’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Netflix Acquires Martin Scorsese's 'The Irishman,' Starring Robert De Niro
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?