Gossip Girl alum Leighton Meester is in negotiations to join Robert Downey Jr., Vincent D’Onofrio, Robert Duvall, and Vera Farmiga in the WB drama. The Judge follows a lawyer who returns home after his mother’s death only to learn that his estranged father, the town’s judge, is suspected of murder. It’s a major get for Meester whose film credits include comedies Date Night, That’s My Boy, and Going The Distance, the indie drama The Oranges, and Screen Gems’ The Roommate. The Team Downey and Big Kid Pictures film is directed by David Dobkin and written by Bill Dubuque, who was tapped to redraft Nick Schenk’s original script. Downey, Susan Downey, and Dobkin are producing. Meester is repped by WME and Leverage.
Leighton Meester To Join ‘The Judge’
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks