EXCLUSIVE: Lance Edmands started out as an editor whose resume includes cutting Lena Dunham’s Tiny Furniture, and he also has helmed several commercials. His feature directing debut is Bluebird, which he also wrote and stars Amy Morton and John Slattery. CAA has inked Edmands ahead of the drama’s opening-night premiere at the just-underway Tribeca Film Festival. Submarine is handling worldwide sales for Bluebird, which was shot in Maine near where Edmands was born, co-stars Louisa Krause and Emily Meade, and revolves around a small-town bus driver whose slight negligence results in serious consequences. Edmands is managed by Melissa Breaux at Washington Square Arts.
CAA Signs ‘Bluebird’ Writer-Director Lance Edmands Ahead Of Tribeca Premiere
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'