EXCLUSIVE: Lance Edmands started out as an editor whose resume includes cutting Lena Dunham’s Tiny Furniture, and he also has helmed several commercials. His feature directing debut is Bluebird, which he also wrote and stars Amy Morton and John Slattery. CAA has inked Edmands ahead of the drama’s opening-night premiere at the just-underway Tribeca Film Festival. Submarine is handling worldwide sales for Bluebird, which was shot in Maine near where Edmands was born, co-stars Louisa Krause and Emily Meade, and revolves around a small-town bus driver whose slight negligence results in serious consequences. Edmands is managed by Melissa Breaux at Washington Square Arts.
CAA Signs ‘Bluebird’ Writer-Director Lance Edmands Ahead Of Tribeca Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Explodes At The B.O.: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First