EXCLUSIVE: Lance Edmands started out as an editor whose resume includes cutting Lena Dunham’s Tiny Furniture, and he also has helmed several commercials. His feature directing debut is Bluebird, which he also wrote and stars Amy Morton and John Slattery. CAA has inked Edmands ahead of the drama’s opening-night premiere at the just-underway Tribeca Film Festival. Submarine is handling worldwide sales for Bluebird, which was shot in Maine near where Edmands was born, co-stars Louisa Krause and Emily Meade, and revolves around a small-town bus driver whose slight negligence results in serious consequences. Edmands is managed by Melissa Breaux at Washington Square Arts.
CAA Signs ‘Bluebird’ Writer-Director Lance Edmands Ahead Of Tribeca Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video