NewsCorp.’s Rupert Murdoch and a coalition of buyers led by Ron Burkle and Eli Broad have been eyeing the Tribune Co. sale. But sources tell the NYT that Koch Industries, led by conservative billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch, could have a leg up on other bidders if they make an offer for all eight of Tribune’s regional papers including the LA Times, The Chicago Tribune, The Baltimore Sun, The Orlando Sentinel and The Hartford Courant. Apparently the Koch Bros are only interested in newspapers – not the TV stations – for now.
Conservative Koch Brothers Circling Tribune Newspapers Including LA Times: NYT
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date