EXCLUSIVE: Flight actress Kelly Reilly will play the mother of a boy who emerges from an operation claiming to have been to heaven in the Sony pic. Joe Roth and T.D. Jakes are producing the faith-based drama. Plucked from the New York Times bestseller list, pic is based on Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent’s Heaven Is For Real: A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of His Trip To Heaven And Back, which told Nebraska pastor Burpo’s account of his 4-year-old son’s return from near-death with stories of visiting heaven. Nobody believed the boy until he shared information learned during his experience that he couldn’t have known. Greg Kinnear is set to play Reilly’s husband and the boy’s father. Randall Wallace (Braveheart) is directing. Reilly is repped by ICM Partners and Troika.
Kelly Reilly Lands Lead In Sony Drama ‘Heaven Is For Real’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Ken Jeong Dives Into Celebrity Death Pool Pic For Hyde Park, WWE Studios
- Tribeca Film Springs For Chris Lowell's 'Beside Still Waters'
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Cara Delevingne Circling Beach Boys Musical 'All Summer Long'
- Hot Trailer: 'Open Windows'