EXCLUSIVE: Flight actress Kelly Reilly will play the mother of a boy who emerges from an operation claiming to have been to heaven in the Sony pic. Joe Roth and T.D. Jakes are producing the faith-based drama. Plucked from the New York Times bestseller list, pic is based on Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent’s Heaven Is For Real: A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of His Trip To Heaven And Back, which told Nebraska pastor Burpo’s account of his 4-year-old son’s return from near-death with stories of visiting heaven. Nobody believed the boy until he shared information learned during his experience that he couldn’t have known. Greg Kinnear is set to play Reilly’s husband and the boy’s father. Randall Wallace (Braveheart) is directing. Reilly is repped by ICM Partners and Troika.
Kelly Reilly Lands Lead In Sony Drama ‘Heaven Is For Real’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Tom Sizemore Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Detroit-Set Thriller He'll Star In & Produce
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture
- Lionsgate's Codeblack Inks First-Look Deal With Datari Turner
- Peter Facinelli's A7SLE Films Hires 'Cropsey' Scribe