EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Blatz has joined NBC‘s proposed Chicago Fire spinoff, from Wolf Films and Universal TV. Blatz will guest star in the Chicago Fire freshman season finale, which serves as planted spinoff for a potential new drama series, a cop drama about the Chicago Police Department. Blatz will play the young but seasoned Officer Elam, a role that would be one of the leads of the potential spinoff. He joins recently cast Melissa Sagemiller, Tania Raymonde and Scott Eastwood. The Chicago Fire spinoff project is being developed by Chicago Fire creators/executive producers Derek Haas and Michael Brandt and executive producers Matt Olmstead and Wolf. It is still unclear which Chicago Fire actors would transfer to the spinoff series, with Jon Seda, who has been recurring as Chicago PD Detective Antonio Dawson, considered a strong possibility. Blatz, repped by ICM Partners, Luber Roklin and Alan Hergott, recently starred in TBS series Glory Daze and wrapped the lead in the feature One Square Mile opposite Richard Jenkins.
Kelly Blatz Cast In ‘Chicago Fire’ Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate