EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Blatz has joined NBC‘s proposed Chicago Fire spinoff, from Wolf Films and Universal TV. Blatz will guest star in the Chicago Fire freshman season finale, which serves as planted spinoff for a potential new drama series, a cop drama about the Chicago Police Department. Blatz will play the young but seasoned Officer Elam, a role that would be one of the leads of the potential spinoff. He joins recently cast Melissa Sagemiller, Tania Raymonde and Scott Eastwood. The Chicago Fire spinoff project is being developed by Chicago Fire creators/executive producers Derek Haas and Michael Brandt and executive producers Matt Olmstead and Wolf. It is still unclear which Chicago Fire actors would transfer to the spinoff series, with Jon Seda, who has been recurring as Chicago PD Detective Antonio Dawson, considered a strong possibility. Blatz, repped by ICM Partners, Luber Roklin and Alan Hergott, recently starred in TBS series Glory Daze and wrapped the lead in the feature One Square Mile opposite Richard Jenkins.
Kelly Blatz Cast In ‘Chicago Fire’ Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The CW Developing ‘Blowback’ Thriller Drama From Justin Lin, Hannah Shakespeare, Michael Eisner & Intrigue
- ‘Conviction’: Daniel Franzese Joins New ABC Legal Drama Series In Recasting
- The Best And Not-Best From The Democratic & Republican Conventions – A Postmortem
- ‘The Apprentice’ Launched Donald Trump’s Presidential Bid, ‘Frontline’ Producer Says – TCA
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3