EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Blatz has joined NBC‘s proposed Chicago Fire spinoff, from Wolf Films and Universal TV. Blatz will guest star in the Chicago Fire freshman season finale, which serves as planted spinoff for a potential new drama series, a cop drama about the Chicago Police Department. Blatz will play the young but seasoned Officer Elam, a role that would be one of the leads of the potential spinoff. He joins recently cast Melissa Sagemiller, Tania Raymonde and Scott Eastwood. The Chicago Fire spinoff project is being developed by Chicago Fire creators/executive producers Derek Haas and Michael Brandt and executive producers Matt Olmstead and Wolf. It is still unclear which Chicago Fire actors would transfer to the spinoff series, with Jon Seda, who has been recurring as Chicago PD Detective Antonio Dawson, considered a strong possibility. Blatz, repped by ICM Partners, Luber Roklin and Alan Hergott, recently starred in TBS series Glory Daze and wrapped the lead in the feature One Square Mile opposite Richard Jenkins.
Kelly Blatz Cast In ‘Chicago Fire’ Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series