Oscar-nominated producer and LucasFilm co-chair Kathleen Kennedy became only the second woman in history of the Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation to receive its annual Pioneer Of The Year honor, awarded tonight at CinemaCon. (The first, Sherry Lansing, sent a note of congratulations.) Lincoln‘s Joseph Gordon-Levitt played host while his co-star Sally Field presented the award pointing out Kennedy’s $11 billion-grossing career achievements. “In an industry that is not and has not been female-friendly, where even today women behind the camera represent only 18% of those working in film, Kathy has beaten those odds the only way a woman can: By being so much better than most everyone else”, said Field. The foundation is the big charity boosted by all the major studios, who were represented in person and in a tribute reel featuring many of Kennedy’s colleagues and collaborators: George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall, Harrison Ford, Lawrence Kasdan, Tom Cruise, Tony Kushner, Bob Iger, Alan Horn, Jim Gianopulos, Sid Ganis, Laura Linney, Amy Poehler, Will Arnett, Megan Chernin, Dennis Muren, Ethan Hawke, and Jimmy Buffett.
CinemaCon: Kathleen Kennedy Receives 2013 Pioneer Of The Year Award
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'
- Elijah Wood's SpectreVision Shingle Unveils 2nd LA Horror Festival
- Toronto: Emma Roberts, Kiernan Shipka Bound For Prep School Thriller 'February'