Oscar-nominated producer and LucasFilm co-chair Kathleen Kennedy became only the second woman in history of the Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation to receive its annual Pioneer Of The Year honor, awarded tonight at CinemaCon. (The first, Sherry Lansing, sent a note of congratulations.) Lincoln‘s Joseph Gordon-Levitt played host while his co-star Sally Field presented the award pointing out Kennedy’s $11 billion-grossing career achievements. “In an industry that is not and has not been female-friendly, where even today women behind the camera represent only 18% of those working in film, Kathy has beaten those odds the only way a woman can: By being so much better than most everyone else”, said Field. The foundation is the big charity boosted by all the major studios, who were represented in person and in a tribute reel featuring many of Kennedy’s colleagues and collaborators: George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall, Harrison Ford, Lawrence Kasdan, Tom Cruise, Tony Kushner, Bob Iger, Alan Horn, Jim Gianopulos, Sid Ganis, Laura Linney, Amy Poehler, Will Arnett, Megan Chernin, Dennis Muren, Ethan Hawke, and Jimmy Buffett.
CinemaCon: Kathleen Kennedy Receives 2013 Pioneer Of The Year Award
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- ‘Leviathan’ & ‘McMafia’ Actor Under Fire For Anti-Russian Comments; Colleagues Respond
- Gravitas Ventures Grabs ‘Bieber Generation’ Docu; Freestyle Digital Media Acquires ‘Live Or Die In La Honda…
- The 16-Year Journey To Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster