Perfect Storm Entertainment has added a television division to its company and brought aboard former FX executive Danielle Woodrow to run it. Formed last March as a joint venture by Fast & The Furious 6 director Justin Lin and Seven Stars Studios Bruno Wu, the newly created TV division will focus on developing scripted dramas and comedies for network, cable, digital formats, and the international marketplace. It recently inked a first-look comedy deal with Sony Pictures Television. Before leaving FX in July 2011 to take a sabbatical from TV, Woodrow was the network’s SVP Original Programming, running the Current Series department. “Danielle brings exceptional experience in television and adds an important element to Perfect Storm Entertainment. We are ecstatic to have her become a principal in the company,” said Lin today in a statement. PSE VP Ryan Andolina will work closely with Woodrow in the TV unit, which will be run out of the companies’ offices in LA, NYC, Beijing and Shanghai.
Justin Lin & Bruno Wu’s Perfect Storm Form TV Division; Hires Former FX Exec Danielle Woodrow To Run
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Simpsons’ Nancy Cartwright Launches Production Banner Spotted Cow With First Projects In Place – Berlin
- Barack Obama First-Date Movie ‘Southside With You’ Near Deal With Miramax, Roadside Attractions
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps The Best Actor Race – AwardsLine
- ‘Rebel In The Rye’ Adds Laura Dern, Brian d’Arcy James & Hope Davis – Berlin
- Nicolas Cage Reunites With ‘Ghost Rider’ Helmer On Horror Thriller ‘Mom And Dad’ – Berlin