Perfect Storm Entertainment has added a television division to its company and brought aboard former FX executive Danielle Woodrow to run it. Formed last March as a joint venture by Fast & The Furious 6 director Justin Lin and Seven Stars Studios Bruno Wu, the newly created TV division will focus on developing scripted dramas and comedies for network, cable, digital formats, and the international marketplace. It recently inked a first-look comedy deal with Sony Pictures Television. Before leaving FX in July 2011 to take a sabbatical from TV, Woodrow was the network’s SVP Original Programming, running the Current Series department. “Danielle brings exceptional experience in television and adds an important element to Perfect Storm Entertainment. We are ecstatic to have her become a principal in the company,” said Lin today in a statement. PSE VP Ryan Andolina will work closely with Woodrow in the TV unit, which will be run out of the companies’ offices in LA, NYC, Beijing and Shanghai.
Justin Lin & Bruno Wu’s Perfect Storm Form TV Division; Hires Former FX Exec Danielle Woodrow To Run
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Patten
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit
- RATINGS RAT RACE: NFL Preseason Preemptions Tackle Primetime
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Extant' & 'Motive' Finale Up, 'SYTYCD' Surges, 'America's Got Talent' Steady
- Disney Faces More Heat As Autistic Kids Lawsuit Looks To Expand
- Warner Bros. Slams “Unauthorized” 'Gilligan's Island' Copyright Lawsuit