Judy Sheindlin, host of top-rated daytime show Judge Judy, has signed a new multiyear deal with CBS TV Distribution to continue on the show through 2017. Her previous pact, signed in 2011, went through 2015. The new contract will bring Judge Judy‘s seasons on the air to 21. The show, now in its 17th season, averages more than 9 million daily viewers. Judge Judy has been the top-rated half-hour syndicated court show since its debut nearly 17 years ago on September 16, 1996 (860 consecutive weeks), and has ranked as the No. 1-rated daytime show for the past three seasons. Randy Douthit is executive producer and director.
Judy Sheindlin Inks New Deal With CBS TV Distribution To Host ‘Judge Judy’ Through 2017
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over