Judy Sheindlin, host of top-rated daytime show Judge Judy, has signed a new multiyear deal with CBS TV Distribution to continue on the show through 2017. Her previous pact, signed in 2011, went through 2015. The new contract will bring Judge Judy‘s seasons on the air to 21. The show, now in its 17th season, averages more than 9 million daily viewers. Judge Judy has been the top-rated half-hour syndicated court show since its debut nearly 17 years ago on September 16, 1996 (860 consecutive weeks), and has ranked as the No. 1-rated daytime show for the past three seasons. Randy Douthit is executive producer and director.
Judy Sheindlin Inks New Deal With CBS TV Distribution To Host ‘Judge Judy’ Through 2017
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres
- Buying Season 2014 Goes In Reverse: Comedies Wrapping, Dramas Far From Done
- CBS' 'Madam Secretary' Off To OK Start – RATINGS RAT RACE