Jeffrey Katzenberg has revealed his latest film project, Tibet Code, an Indiana-Jones-style adventure based on a series of Chinese novels set in 9th-century Tibet. The DreamWorks Animation CEO announced the project, a co-production with Oriental DreamWorks’ Chinese partners, China Media Capital and Shanghai Alliance Investment Co., at a news conference today in Beijing. Katzenberg told the Wall St. Journal that writing on Tibet Code is about to get underway and he is confident that “we will be able to find a good course to tell a great story and not step on political issues”.
Jeffrey Katzenberg Announces China Film Project, ‘Tibet Code’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer