Jeffrey Katzenberg has revealed his latest film project, Tibet Code, an Indiana-Jones-style adventure based on a series of Chinese novels set in 9th-century Tibet. The DreamWorks Animation CEO announced the project, a co-production with Oriental DreamWorks’ Chinese partners, China Media Capital and Shanghai Alliance Investment Co., at a news conference today in Beijing. Katzenberg told the Wall St. Journal that writing on Tibet Code is about to get underway and he is confident that “we will be able to find a good course to tell a great story and not step on political issues”.
Jeffrey Katzenberg Announces China Film Project, ‘Tibet Code’
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Awards: What Does The Big ‘Revenant’ Victory Mean For Oscar?
- ‘The Big Short’ “Go Big” TV Spot: Oscar Campaign Ad Focuses On Film’s Political Mission
- BAFTA Awards: ‘The Revenant’ Tops Night With Best Film Win; Much Love For ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’
- First Oscars Handed Out As Academy Presents Sci-Tech Awards In Lively Ceremony
- Michael Moore’s ‘Where To Invade Next’ Tops Slow Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- BAFTA Awards Live Blog