Lionsgate and Good Universe are partnering on Candy Store, a character-driven action thriller co-written and to be directed by Stephen Gaghan. Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty) and Omar Sy (The Intouchables) are starring in the ensemble cast. Lionsgate will distribute the pic in North America, and Good Universe will handle international sales and make the pic part of its Cannes slate. The plot of the thriller, co-written by Shannon Burke, interweaves several storylines set against the criminal underworld in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn. A former covert operative (Clarke) discovers the organization he was dedicated to fighting is now operating in his new backyard. When he teams with a disgraced local cop, their investigation leads them to a king pimp (Sy), a Cold War consigliere, and a beautiful girl wrapped up in an elaborate threat against Manhattan.
Jason Clarke And Omar Sy To Star In Stephen Gaghan Thriller ‘Candy Store’
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
Latest Film News
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter
- Sinqua Walls Cast In ‘Otherhood’; Madelyn Cline Boards ‘Once Upon A Time In Staten Island’