Lionsgate and Good Universe are partnering on Candy Store, a character-driven action thriller co-written and to be directed by Stephen Gaghan. Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty) and Omar Sy (The Intouchables) are starring in the ensemble cast. Lionsgate will distribute the pic in North America, and Good Universe will handle international sales and make the pic part of its Cannes slate. The plot of the thriller, co-written by Shannon Burke, interweaves several storylines set against the criminal underworld in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn. A former covert operative (Clarke) discovers the organization he was dedicated to fighting is now operating in his new backyard. When he teams with a disgraced local cop, their investigation leads them to a king pimp (Sy), a Cold War consigliere, and a beautiful girl wrapped up in an elaborate threat against Manhattan.
Jason Clarke And Omar Sy To Star In Stephen Gaghan Thriller ‘Candy Store’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE