Former Battlestar Galactica star Jamie Bamber has landed the lead in Sky1 HD’s upcoming eight-part series, The Smoke. Bamber, who also stars in TNT’s David E. Kelley medical drama Monday Mornings, will play a firefighter in the drama about the lives of a crew in a London fire station. Rhashan Stone (Strike Back) has also been cast along with Pippa Bennett-Warner and Taron Egerton. Written by Lucy Kirkwood (Skins), the series hails from Shine’s Kudos Film and Television. Production is gearing up in London for air in early 2014. Law & Order UK and Broadchurch‘s Jane Featherstone is exec producing with The Hour‘s Noelle Morris for Kudos. Anne Mensah is exec producer for Sky; Mike Barker (Silent Witness) is directing; Chris Fry (Mayday) is producer. Bamber is repped by Alan Siegel Entertainment, Paradigm and Independent Talent.
Jamie Bamber To Star In Sky’s Firefighting Drama ‘The Smoke’
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest International News
- Matthew Perry’s West End Playwriting Debut Draws Crowds Despite Critics’ Barbs
- ‘Angry Birds’ Get Happy With Day-And-Date China Bow
- ‘Warcraft’ Sets China Release Two Days Ahead Of U.S.: A Burgeoning Trend?
- Javier Bardem & Penelope Cruz On Croisette For ‘Escobar’ – Cannes
- The Simpsons Store Opens In China; First High-End Outlet Dedicated To Iconic Toon
- Russell Crowe To Star, James Franco To Direct Cormac McCarthy’s ‘Blood Meridian’- Cannes