Former Battlestar Galactica star Jamie Bamber has landed the lead in Sky1 HD’s upcoming eight-part series, The Smoke. Bamber, who also stars in TNT’s David E. Kelley medical drama Monday Mornings, will play a firefighter in the drama about the lives of a crew in a London fire station. Rhashan Stone (Strike Back) has also been cast along with Pippa Bennett-Warner and Taron Egerton. Written by Lucy Kirkwood (Skins), the series hails from Shine’s Kudos Film and Television. Production is gearing up in London for air in early 2014. Law & Order UK and Broadchurch‘s Jane Featherstone is exec producing with The Hour‘s Noelle Morris for Kudos. Anne Mensah is exec producer for Sky; Mike Barker (Silent Witness) is directing; Chris Fry (Mayday) is producer. Bamber is repped by Alan Siegel Entertainment, Paradigm and Independent Talent.
Jamie Bamber To Star In Sky’s Firefighting Drama ‘The Smoke’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Happy New Year' Released Direct To Fans Online
- George Clooney, Jeremy Piven, Strip Poker & More In 'Downton' Charity Spoof (Video)
- Berlin Film Festival Ties On 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' International Premiere
- China Says It's Against Cyberterrorism; Stays Mum On North Korea, Helping U.S.
- 'Hobbit' Rules While Chinese, Indian And French Films Make Noise: Intl BO Update