Former Battlestar Galactica star Jamie Bamber has landed the lead in Sky1 HD’s upcoming eight-part series, The Smoke. Bamber, who also stars in TNT’s David E. Kelley medical drama Monday Mornings, will play a firefighter in the drama about the lives of a crew in a London fire station. Rhashan Stone (Strike Back) has also been cast along with Pippa Bennett-Warner and Taron Egerton. Written by Lucy Kirkwood (Skins), the series hails from Shine’s Kudos Film and Television. Production is gearing up in London for air in early 2014. Law & Order UK and Broadchurch‘s Jane Featherstone is exec producing with The Hour‘s Noelle Morris for Kudos. Anne Mensah is exec producer for Sky; Mike Barker (Silent Witness) is directing; Chris Fry (Mayday) is producer. Bamber is repped by Alan Siegel Entertainment, Paradigm and Independent Talent.
Jamie Bamber To Star In Sky’s Firefighting Drama ‘The Smoke’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Jason Bourne' Should Lead Box Office, But Not Ladies Looking For 'Bad Moms' & 'Nerve' - B.O. Preview
Latest International News
- Toronto To Open With ‘The Magnificent Seven’; ‘La La Land’, ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Among Galas…
- TIFF 2016 Lineup Announcement Live Stream
- AMC Networks Launching Five MENA Channels With Qatar’s beIN Pay TV Platform
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalize Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?