Former Battlestar Galactica star Jamie Bamber has landed the lead in Sky1 HD’s upcoming eight-part series, The Smoke. Bamber, who also stars in TNT’s David E. Kelley medical drama Monday Mornings, will play a firefighter in the drama about the lives of a crew in a London fire station. Rhashan Stone (Strike Back) has also been cast along with Pippa Bennett-Warner and Taron Egerton. Written by Lucy Kirkwood (Skins), the series hails from Shine’s Kudos Film and Television. Production is gearing up in London for air in early 2014. Law & Order UK and Broadchurch‘s Jane Featherstone is exec producing with The Hour‘s Noelle Morris for Kudos. Anne Mensah is exec producer for Sky; Mike Barker (Silent Witness) is directing; Chris Fry (Mayday) is producer. Bamber is repped by Alan Siegel Entertainment, Paradigm and Independent Talent.
Jamie Bamber To Star In Sky’s Firefighting Drama ‘The Smoke’
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest International News
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky Has Died; Charismatic Siberian Baritone Was 55
- ‘Birdboy’ Directors On Their Animated Horror Film & The Medium’s Boundless Opportunities For Expression
- ‘Happy Death Day’ Reaps $100M+ At Worldwide Box Office