EXCLUSIVE: Jacki Weaver is set to star opposite Gena Rowlands in the indie film 6 Dance Lessons In 6 Weeks based on Richard Alfieri’s play. Directed by Arthur Allan Seidelman from a screenplay by Alfieri, 6 Dance Lessons In 6 Weeks is described as a touching comedy about a retired woman, Lily Harrison (Rowlands), who hires a handsome, energetic dance instructor, Michael Minetti (Cheyenne Jackson), to give her private dance lessons — one per week for six weeks — in her gulf-front condo in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. What begins as an antagonistic relationship blossoms into an intimate friendship as these two people from very different backgrounds reveal their secrets, fears, and joys while dancing. Weaver will play the role of sassy vixen, Irene, one of Michael’s dance students. Andras Somkuti is producing, with Marc Platt and Jerry Offsay executive producing. Weaver is represented by ICM Partners, Elevate Entertainment and Felker Tocezk. Jackson and Rowlands are also repped by ICM Partners.
Jacki Weaver To Star In Indie ‘6 Dance Lessons In 6 Weeks’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’