EXCLUSIVE: Jacki Weaver is set to star opposite Gena Rowlands in the indie film 6 Dance Lessons In 6 Weeks based on Richard Alfieri’s play. Directed by Arthur Allan Seidelman from a screenplay by Alfieri, 6 Dance Lessons In 6 Weeks is described as a touching comedy about a retired woman, Lily Harrison (Rowlands), who hires a handsome, energetic dance instructor, Michael Minetti (Cheyenne Jackson), to give her private dance lessons — one per week for six weeks — in her gulf-front condo in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. What begins as an antagonistic relationship blossoms into an intimate friendship as these two people from very different backgrounds reveal their secrets, fears, and joys while dancing. Weaver will play the role of sassy vixen, Irene, one of Michael’s dance students. Andras Somkuti is producing, with Marc Platt and Jerry Offsay executive producing. Weaver is represented by ICM Partners, Elevate Entertainment and Felker Tocezk. Jackson and Rowlands are also repped by ICM Partners.
Jacki Weaver To Star In Indie ‘6 Dance Lessons In 6 Weeks’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE